Thursday, June 29, 2006

Go with your instincts (and not your fatigue)


Plan A was the button/buttonhole. Plan B at 2:00 in the morning of became the Velcro closure. As DH was handing me the birthday shorts during laundry collection today, he asks if I could sew a button on the waistband. Seems he keeps popping the Velcro when he sits. :-) So I fessed up and admitted that a button closure was my first choice too but the hurry-up factor had set in and I decided to substitute the Velcro.

Which is silly now that I'm thinking about it because I think it took all of 15 minutes total to rip out the Velcro from both sides of the closure, sew the buttonhole and attach the button by machine.

They're in the washer now and hopefully the old stitching holes will close up, never to be seen again. But the good news is that obviously DH is planning to wear these again. If he was just being polite, the closure problem never would've been mentioned.

4 comments:

  1. Debbie, I had to giggle over the 2:00am decision to save time & do a velcro closure instead of button & b-hole, then finding how long it really takes to do what actually works best! (Love your blog!) I should make a T-shirt with the "Go with you instincts. . . " quote! Pat

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I love it when a plan comes together." A-Team

    ReplyDelete
  3. The button looks great and I'm still fascinated with how professional your topstitching looks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Found ya! I apparently have been in the sewing room too long the past few weeks and missed whatever drama happened. (of which I'm glad to have missed the stress, but sorry you were affected). In short, I thought I'd never find you! Great start on the blog girl! I love a blog that starts with panties. :D

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.