Monday, March 5, 2007

Twist4U

My 2 Seam Twist pattern is ready for download.

But …

This is an AS-IS deal, OK? Please read the fine print below.

1. Some of the lines didn't transfer 100% smoothly when I was moving the file back and forth between programs. Nothing major at all, but I just don't want you to think this is what I regularly see in PMB. The tiny gaps are from doing things to the end file that PMB is not anticipating we do. ;-) I could've cleaned it up but, well, I didn't.

2. The first page shows the whole layout as it should look after you print and tape the pages together. There are "pie wedges" in the corners for page alignment purposes. Each page should fit entirely on letter or A4 paper, but it was created for US letter-size.

3. The second page has a 4"x4" square. You should print this first and measure it to see if your printer is printing accurately. If it's not, this is where AS-IS comes into play. It will probably be a driver setting but you're on your own to figure it out. ;-)

4. The third page has basic sewing instructions (and I do mean basic) as well as the relevant body measurements (not finished garment measurements). This is a plus-sized pattern and it's only available in one size (mine). You will undoubtedly have to modifiy it so make a muslin!

I added some marks (in addition to the pie wedges) to some of the pattern pieces to help you place the correct seams together. These marks are placement guides only, NOT notches. They are will not line up to each other perfectly. Again, see above re AS-IS. ;-)

5. The seam allowances are 3/8" (which I just remembered is not noted on the pattern). The hems are 1.75" but that's only because I always cut longer. I don't expect you to sew 1.75" hems.

6. I included the non-peplum back piece I ended up using for my last version, but it's morphed onto the peplum to cut back on pages you'll need to print. I think it's self-explanatory.

7. This is my pattern. I'm happily sharing it for you to sew for yourself but please don't make copies for everyone. Send them here instead.

So, are you still willing? Here it is. I hope some of you try it and share your results.

Here's a pic of me in the latest version yesterday after wearing it for a while. I'm a bit wrinkled and rumpled, but what else is new?

12 comments:

  1. You look great! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so generous of you Debbie! I love your twist top - it looks great on you. I'm going to download it and sew a Debbie Cook original for my daughter. Hopefully it will be as cute as yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, you're so sweet and generous. Thank you. I'm totally going to make myself a DebbieTwist. WooHoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I printed it out today at work and when I got home, there were the purplypink and striped versions you sent me. Beautiful work, beautiful design. Can't wait to try to make one for myself!

    Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks soooo much better on you than on your dress form....I like it very much...BUT in the pic that light flower positioned in the middle screams TUMMY! I guess you can't really see these things happening until it is a 'done' thing.

    Super nice of you to share it with us. If only it could fit me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just checked out the pattern Debbie and it looks perfect on the screen and actually looking at the measurements it might just fit....so I will download it tomorrow and try it. It looks really good on the computer screen.
    Wonderful, thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Debbie! I have downloaded and put this in my line up. Hope mine looks as cute as yours does. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Debby, I just completed the download. Can't wait until I can make it. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie,

    I would love to have a copy of your special Twist top pattern. How do we access it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I figured out where the down load was. Thank you! I will look forward to making this up. It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. How generous of you to share this with us. I cannot wait to make this up, hopefully this next week I can do that. I'll let you know. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debbie, Thanks for the download. I am looking forward to trying it. I cut apart my first man's teeshirt and recut it with a tracing of a RTW tee that fits me well. I can't wait to see how it fits. Alison in MS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.