Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Waving

Hey everyone, I'm still here and alive. It's just that it's the first couple weeks of high school football season and that means I'm neck deep in tee shirt sales duties, along with my regular job. Plus, I've decided that I will once again help out with the team meals on Friday afternoons. This is my younger son's last year of high school and I decided work can wait on Fridays since we'll never get this time back again. I'm very thankful that I have the luxury to decide that.

Over the years, we've watched many neighbor boys and pee-wee league teammates grow up and become excellent players. We've seen many earn scholarships to top universities. We've even seen a couple of DS#1's former teammates drafted into the NFL. It's hard to believe this is my 11th year being a football mom. Even harder to believe it's my last.

On the sewing front, yet another bra has been on the sewing table since last weekend waiting patiently for me to finish it. I'm really determined to get this thing right. It also helps that it's still hot as h*ll outside and there's no way I'm even starting to think about a new season for clothes so I can take my time with the bras. But I want to finish them up soon and not be caught out with nothing to wear when the temps do finally start falling — maybe by Christmas? LOL! I'm hoping to spend some quality time in the sewing room on Saturday and Sunday, of course with football on the TV!

Go Cougars!

8 comments:

  1. This will be a very special and memorable year for you. I'm happy for you that you get to decide to work or not work on Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I complained about my DD's involvement in sports (track and soccer). But they were half-hearted complaints. I enjoyed every second! Enjoy this last year of being a football mom! Here's hoping the Cougars have their best season ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray for all football moms! You'll get to your sewing one day and be totally inspired.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Treasure the time with your son. The sewing will be there. The time will come when he is around less and less.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yup, my two oldest were involved in sports in HS. Middle dd (graduated last year) didn't do ANY sport, and I REALLY, REALLY missed going to one of my kid's games. Not sure if youngest will stay involved in volleyball, but she's into Drama as well, and that's fun to watch as well, although a one-shot/per year deal.
    There must be something in the water in your area if so many have gone on to scholarships and being drafted into the NFL (my nephew wishes!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, you make me laugh! As a former SW Floridian, I wonder, can you tell me when the next season starts? Christmas you say? That would begin the season of "Hot", as opposed to "Hottest" which starts in April/May?

    ReplyDelete
  7. The start of the school year is always an adjustment. Your sons have been lucky to have you supporting their football team. It will be bittersweet for you when it's over.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i get to be a football mom this year (caleb decided to play). not sure i'm ready for it (it's crazy enough being a gymnastics mom)! any tips on keeping the pants white would be greatly appreciated. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.