Saturday, October 10, 2009

Finishing Touches Still Needed



It's mostly done, but needs buttons, buttonholes, and a bottom hem. The fabric has still got that wallpaper look going, but I think I'm OK with it for a casual weekday blouse paired with brown pants/jeans. It fits well so the morph between Butterick 5300 and Simplicity 3684 is good. I'll use the pattern with another fabric before winter is over (or maybe even starts!).

It's a lazy Saturday, no shower yet and still in PJ pants so this mirror shot is the best I have to offer.

I shortened the sleeves about 2 inches and I think I may have overdone it to get the same effect as the envelope. They're completely passable this way so I'll just make a note for next time.

* * * * *

DS' team won their game last night, which puts them at 5-1 overall and 2-0 for district. If they keep going like this, football season will get longer as they'll be in the playoffs. I love the games so a few more would be fine with me, but I feel a little sorry for DS' girlfriend as she is NOT into football at all but dutifully attends all the games, albeit with a slightly glazed look on her face. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. That's a great blouse. You did a fantastic job of matching that print in the front! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blouse looks better on you than it does on the dress form. Not like wallpaper at all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AlaskaBerninagirl9:20 PM, October 17, 2009

    Very cute blouse, I think I may also try this one out! and the jeans above too. Most likely have to order both as none of our shops in Alaska carry this line...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.