Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Scrubalicious



Scrub #1 is done, thanks to Mr. Kenmore. ;-) It's hanging kind of crooked in this pic. I still have 2 more in the assembly-line, cut and waiting for a thread change on the machines. I actually bought the main print for this top from Fabric.com a few weeks ago for me but when it arrived, it was not at all what I was expecting. I almost returned it but then I realized that it would be perfect for a scrub top. The contrast pieces are from stash.

The pattern is Kwik Sew 3709 and it's a winner. I'll write a full review when I'm done, but the quick version is that it has nice shaping, great seams and flattering pocket angles, and two similar yet different views in the same pattern doubling the value. There'd probably be even more residual value if I hadn't taken the lazy way out and cut (gasp!) a Kwik Sew pattern instead of tracing it.

The scrub pictured above is View B.



Here's a close-up that shows the upper yoke seam and a glimpse of the princess seams.


I'm making one more View B and one View A and hope to have them all done and in the mail/UPS truck by Friday. I would be further along except I goofed big-time on the center front panel. I completely missed that it was to be cut on the fold and cut 1/2 of the piece and actually sewed it — and serged it — to the side panels. Oops. Thankfully, I had more fabric. I may not be as lucky with the second one, so it's probably going to have a center front seam.

13 comments:

  1. Very nice. Sometimes scrubs can be down right gross. This one is top shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I like this pattern with all it's nicely shaped seams. Not something I've seen before on other scrub patterns but then again I never look. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great scrubs. I would hate to be giving that away. It looks like the perfect, comfy at-home top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice scrubs! That is a perfect print for them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see lots of scrubs since my mom is in a nursing home. They just started letting the CNAs wear whatever prints and colors they want a few months ago. They would all love to have one as pretty as this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute! I love the print and think it's perfect for scrubs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks incredibly flattering, especially for a scrub top. Nice use of colors, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Top shelf indeed, and with a sense of fun that I've come to expect in your scrub creations. Would that my job allowed me to wear such fun, wash 'n' wear clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice colors! I like the princess seams. Lucky your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cool! I had to show my co-worker since her Sister wears scrubs to work. I'm sure she'd be jealous of your work.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have always loved the look of scrubs and envied those gals who could wear dartless. These are really special with those princess seams.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That KS pattern is indeed pretty nice! I need some new gardening tops and the crossover version would look pretty good in yellow solarweave.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute, love the fabric and contrasting trim you picked out. Fabulous scrubs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.