Here's the completed collar and a preview of the fabric. It's beige linen with brown embroidery which I bought at Joann's a couple of years ago to make a skirt. So much for that plan since yesterday the fabric told me it wanted to be this top. Usually, I pick a pattern and have an idea of the fabric I'll be using. For this one, I didn't even look at fabric until I was ready to cut the real stuff.
I have some errands to do this afternoon so I don't know if I'll get it finished tonight or not. All that's left is to sew the sideseams, hem the sleeves and bottom, and buttons/buttonholes. I'm pretty sure I have brown buttons that will work. If not, it will sit until I find some.
I had an Anonymous comment on my last post:
"I had to make the same adjustments when I made this shirt. I made a wearable muslin, wore it but never got back to making the final garment. I was a bit peeved about the amt of work I had to do to make it wearable. I would've been better off drafting my own."
This confused me because I didn't make very many alterations to this pattern at all, and certainly nothing really outside my usuals. I added bust room, removed sleeve cap ease and narrowed the shoulders. Oh, and I blended to a bigger hip size (which incorporates the bigger waist/tummy size too), but I don't really even consider that a real alteration since I can easily do it as I trace/cut. So for alterations, I count 3 and that's it. And all of these were very minor changes compared to other patterns I've altered.