I went to Joann's yesterday morning to shop for some odds & ends for the Ren Faire costume. I was actually able to find everything I needed. Well, except for a *whole* bolt of muslin, which is why I only bought a half (about 12 yds). But I still used a coupon on it and the cutting counter lady told me to come on a Friday morning the next time I want a whole bolt.
On top is the first brocade I showed you already. The second brocade should be in transit. The others from left to right are: (1) bridal illusion to stuff and tack into the breeches lining so they keep their puffy shape; (2) a half bolt of muslin; (3) red lining for the hat; (4) the main hat fabric which is a red suede-ish crushed velvet-ish synthetic; (4) crinkled gold poly silkie stuff for the doublet lining; (5) a new black cotton sateen flat sheet I remembered I had shoved in the linen close, which we'll never use on a bed but I will use for the breeches middle layer and lining; and (7) a white cotton/linen blend for the shirt.
I also have some gold trim and interfacing on the way, and I think with that and the expected second brocade, I'm set.
After coming home from J's, I cut out Michael's shirt muslin to clear off my cutting table, and set it aside (until Feb 1, Peter, I promise!). The shirt muslin, not the table. ;-) Then I cut and pressed the Simplicity doublet, hat and shirt pattern pieces, and then cut the Indie breeches pattern. I thought I would have to trace the breeches pattern but it turns out that only one size is printed and if you need larger sizes or longer leg lengths, you slash and spread the main pattern. We need the printed size, so lucky for me.
After that, it was off to the local chinese buffet for dinner. They have an overwhelming and very tasty selection, plus all-you-can-eat steamed crab legs on the weekends. DS#2 likes crab legs and I love all seafood. It was yummy and DS#2 and I put a major hurtin' on some crab legs! DH isn't a seafood eater, but there's PLENTY of other choices to make him happy too. Here are two crappy cell phone pics. I realized after I took these that the lens window on the phone needed a wiping. Oops. Consider the haze a "mood effect."
After recovering from that, I went back to the sewing room and cut out muslins for the doublet and breeches. I'm all set to sew them together this morning. Reko and I have tentatively planned for him to come over to try on the muslins Monday evening, so I need to get cracking.
My #MMMay17 Pledge
26 minutes ago