So remember the other day when I said the shirt would go fast because it's easy? Yeah, about that. Well …
… it is simple but it's also fiddly and has stupid instructions, skinny ties to turn, and lots of gathering. Which means it's taking longer than I thought it would. (Don't you hate that?) Plus I had to redo the collar stand because using self-fabric as interfacing was useless and it just did not want to cooperate. Or maybe I was just too impatient the first time. I plead the Fifth. But look at the fabric shreds at the bottom of the pic to see what a PITA this fabric is.I suppose technically it's my fault for buying cheap Joann's linen.
After dinner tonight, I pulled out Ye Olde Fusibleth, recut the stand pieces, picked the lace out of the first version, and had another go at it. Much better. And that's where I quit for today.
The sleeves have yet more gathering top and bottom, lace, and a buttoned cuff.I will have to pay attention for those too, darn it.
ETA: I don't know how I forgot to complain about this during the first edit, but my freakin' iron died today. No warning signs. It just won't power up and get hot. Yes, I tried different outlets. It's the iron. So I've had to use a back-up iron and I hate it. It's brand new (bought for the Marine who promptly left it behind) and it leaks water like nobody's business. Right out of the hole you add water to. It actually splashes out when you stand it back upright. What a piece of crap. Which means it's actually a good thing my son left it here. Well, good for him. So, it's either Walmart or Target for a non-Rowenta or Joann's for another over-priced Rowenta. I don't want to have to deal with this right now, but I definitely miss the weight of my Rowenta compared to the back-up and I'm ready to throw the back-up out the window.