Thursday, January 19, 2012

Yawn

Just a very quick update to say that I'm SO BUSY with work right now that I don't have any spare energy for sewing or blogging or much of anything really. Our new brand/logo materials and website launch is in just a few short days and we're SO BEHIND due to a shall-remain-nameless web coding/hosting company that leaves a lot to be desired. Needless to say, everyone in my department is putting in lots and lots of hours. I just got home (8PM) tonight, worked all last weekend and every evening, and will be working this weekend too. I'm racking up lots of overtime $$, and hopefully even more HIRE-ME!!! points which is good, but the bottom line is I'm pooped. There's so much to do that won't get done by launch day, which makes me pretty confident I'll be around for quite a while even if I'm not hired on permanently. But really, they do need another body permanently so I remain optimistic. I think they're waiting for the dust to settle a bit, which I understand. There's been so much going on. I'm just impatient and wish I knew for sure so I can start making life plans.

Thank you all for the kind comments about Pepper. While we'll definitely miss her, she was 16 and so it wasn't really an unexpected shock. She went pretty quickly at the end and seemed to be pain-free. Alex took it the hardest, as Pepper was around almost as long as he's been. The other two pups have been extremely snuggly ever since. Do you think they're afraid we'll scoot them out next? ;-) Not a chance! I have to say that it's very nice to have them around to help fill the void.

I'll be absent from the blog for a while longer, but know that everything is OK. There's just not enough hours in the day to do it all. And, geez ... I WANT TO SEW!! There's a plaid Magic Pencil skirt burning a hole in my brain and I've had the fabric prewashed and ready for DAYS.

9 comments:

  1. This is great news! You are clearly engaged, valued, and contributing. Plus, you have a real reason to wear all that clothing and those shoes. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to know you are ok, I have missed your posts! I bet you will be on as a permanent employee soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to know you've been absent for good reasons. They are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the launch and 'keep me' points.

    I think the dogs mourn just as we do. Heck Abby wouldn't 'talk' to us for weeks after Dudley passed. But she got over it.

    g

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can sympathize with your anxiousness to get on with life and having no clear idea of job status; very nerve racking. I hope their budget allows offering you a full time position as you have certainly proved your worth.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, I agree with gMarie that animals, especially our beloved pets, grieve the loss of a companion animal in the family even if they didn't appear to "like" each other very much. When an older dog that had "adopted" us had to go to doggy heaven, I talked to my dog, Mikie, and explained that Sissy was very sick and we had to release her to go to doggy heaven He seemed to be comforted as he stopped looking for her. Bev in Indy

    ReplyDelete
  7. My boys Mark and Ryan took Thor's passing as your Alex took the loss of Pepper, because they can't remember when they didn't have him. It takes time. But it is fortunate that work is so busy right now, to keep you from hurting even more. Hope the good-job points pay off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad you are OK. Look forward to your return..

    ReplyDelete
  9. All the best with your launch and work future:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.