Thursday, November 22, 2012

Full and Happy


This is where the pups and I have been planted for the last few hours - watching football, napping, surfing.

I've had  a pretty good Thanksgiving this year, although entirely different than any other. I got up around 8:30 a.m. and peeled about 20 huge sweet potatoes and then set about to make my annual Sweet Potato Soufle, Alex's favorite part of the meal. We were over at Alex's friend's house at 12:30 p.m. and almost immediately were sitting down eating Thanksgiving "dinner." That's the earliest I've ever eaten on Thanksgiving! It's now 11:15 p.m. and I'm still full. Alex and his friend are camping with the friend's grandparents at a state park about an hour away. The grandparents are RV'ing it, while the "boys" will be in a tent.

Which means I've been home alone since about 4 p.m. and I've been a turnip. But I'm really enjoying being a turnip, camped out in my own style - on my bed, with football on the TV, and the dogs snoozing next to me. As you can see, Chili has made himself a nest. He probably won't move much for the rest of the night. Neither will I. I needed a turnip afternoon/evening since last night was a doozy, out bar hopping in Ybor City with a friend from work. We had a great time, but I was feeling it this morning. I' m obviously waaaaay out of practice. lol

Since Alex really wanted his own "leftovers," tomorrow I will put our turkey in the oven and at some point make mashed potatoes and the proverbial green bean casserole. I made a second dish of the sweet potatoes this morning so those will only have to be reheated. There will be no Black Friday shopping here (I detest shopping crowds) so there may even be some sewing while the turkey cooks.

I'm thankful for a happy and healthy life, my wonderful sons, my great job (which, yes, I still love!), my snuggly pups, a nice home, new friends and old, a full stash closet, and much, much  more.

Happy Thanksgiving!


7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a wonderful day to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving from Down Under :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had such a happy Thanksgiving! Sounds like a perfect day to me. Thank you for your blog, a new post from you always makes my day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, so happy you were able to share Thanksgiving with your son! We skipped shopping to ring bells for the Sally Army Red Kettle Drive instead -- I also despise shopping in crowds. Came home to sew Joseph & Mary costumes for the Christmas pageant. Hope your turnip time is restful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.