Thursday, November 27, 2008

Turkey Pants

Yes. Turkey pants.

You know ... pants with an expanding waist to wear on Thanksgiving so you don't have to unbutton the regular jeans after The Big Meal. ;-)

The pattern is my TNT capris pattern, Simplicity 4605, lengthened to full length. I just wanted easy-wear jeans, nothing fancy. These sewed up in about 2 hours and I was comfortable all day. Besides, since I don't wear tops tucked in, no one but us knows they're pull-on jeans anyway. And you won't tell, right? ;-)

They look boring laying here on the cutting table, and I guess they *are* boring. But I'm boring. So these are perfect for most of my days. Nicer than sweats and PJ pants too.



Nothing fancy back here either. But I did use one of my machine's deco stitches just to do *something* on the pockets. I was all about speed this morning and this is a fast stitch.



Parting Shot

I hope my American readers had a great Thanksgiving! Ours was pretty quiet and relaxing. A few friends, classic T-day food, and football all day long. (Too bad NONE of the games were really worth watching!)

The aftermath:



Hmmm. Time for a turkey sandwich. ;-)

12 comments:

  1. Your aftermath is a lot cleaner than my aftermath! Glad you were comfy on T-day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Turkey Pants" – I like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So this is s-o-o-o-o sad - I *gasped* when I saw "it's a new post!" . . . glad you're making things again :)

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a very talented seamstress. I think I'll call mine "turkey pants" from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to see you finding time for posting again. I've missed you and your sewing.

    the Turkey pants look great and your aftermath is pretty darn clean. My kids left a pile of dirty dishes in the sink. g

    ReplyDelete
  6. 46 pounds of turkey GONE here by Friday midnight. Sad! I love your "turkey pants" nomenclature!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I steal your "turkey pants" saying? Actually, can I steal your turkey pants themselves ... I did have to unbutton mine, sigh. I thought two of the games were VERY worth watching, but that's just 'cause I'm a Cowboys and Longhorns fan, :-)

    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you need kids to help you finish your leftovers, I'll send mine down South LOL. Our leftovers were completely gone yesterday. The four pies and pumpkin roll were gone Friday night. All eaten by me, my husband and kids! Turkey pants indeed :) !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thats a great idea , love the pun! turkey pants. Its that time of year when we all seem to pile on the pounds. I love elastic waist bands.

    ReplyDelete
  10. By the way, I hate your refrigerator's organization. Mine are more of the "stuff the crap in there now!" school of organization!

    ReplyDelete
  11. And, by the way, there's absolutely nothing boring about you, my dear!

    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great looking turkey pants. Your frig looks alot like minds did. Boy I'm I glad we're done with "turkey day" leftovers. lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.