I last made this dress just about 1 year ago. I've worn it a LOT since. It's the perfect combination of great fabric, easy wear, easy care. Every time I wear it, I always tell myself to make another. I finally listened.
Another classy work bathroom selfie.
Bodice, in progress. Like last time, I fully lined the bodice to eliminate the facings. I also raised the neckline another 3/4". The last version is passable, but it still teeters on low-cut. Teeters. Hah. That's the only alteration I made to this version, having incorporated the incremental fixes from last time into my actual pattern pieces. It was nice to pretty much just cut and sew.
Lots 'o gathering at the front waist.
CB stripe matching like a BOSS! If you look close, you can see there's actually a seam in there.
Almost BOSSy matching at the side, but not quite.
I had a brain fart and forgot to match the pocket facing. The eagle-eyed among you will also notice that I didn't even attempt to match at the bodice side seams. Well, I did, but I cut either the front or the back in the opposite direction so what I thought was matching, really wasn't. Not a big deal since my hands are always either in the pocket or hanging next to it blocking the opening and my arms block the sides. And it's done and quite wearable, so there's that.
The 2-inch hem facing. I love wide facings. I don't always like slowing down and cutting out the extra pieces, but I'm always happy when I do.
More bathroom "glamour shots."
I'm glad to have this one in the wardrobe now too. I'm putting this pattern away for a little while, but I'm sure it will make another appearance at some point. Mindless dressing at 7 a.m. for hot Florida summer weather is what I'm all about these days.