Sunday, March 1, 2009

Quickie Tee. Not.



Next up, a re-make that's been on my To Do list for a year. The next version will be the fabric above, which I'm not sure I even like anymore. The previous tee is below. Actually, it's on its way to the rag pile. I've worn the heck out of it and it shows. I'm sad. I loved this top (when it looked like this).



The pattern is Burda WOF 08-2006 #130.

I cut it out yesterday (Saturday), thinking I would have it done before the weekend was over and then I never made it back into the sewing room. But it is cut out, so hopefully I can sew it in spurts during the week and end up with a finished tee by next weekend. And maybe it will be warm again by then. That cold air you Northern folks sent down our way is most definitely Not Welcome. ;-)

9 comments:

  1. I can see why you were sad to have to give up that top! Cute pattern and I like the pink color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the first one, too. We;ll see how the new one looks when it's done. Sorry about the cold. I got lucky; for once the snow stayed east and south of us. We got flurries while Jersey got 9" plus.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh! I love that funky, bold print! Maybe you'll change your mind about the fabric once you make it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh well..that's how it goes sometimes!

    Debbie...please stop by my blog to pick up an award....

    Pam ~Off The Cuff~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww c'mon Debbie...

    ....please stop my blog to collect the "Sisterhood Award" that
    I nominated you for at 5am yesterday morning :) You deserve it!

    Pam ~Off The Cuff~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see that somebody else already beat me to it but I too nominated you for an award. Check out my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, make me #3 to give you an award. Maybe you can line them all up in your sewing area?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Debbie,

    I like the pink top, I can see why you love it. I really like the colors in the newer photo too.

    I've just nominated your for the "Sisterhood Award". Thanks for sharing your knowledge, creativity & sisterhood. (check my blog).

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I'm not nominating you since I don't have a blog (otherwise I certainly would!!!)
    Cute top, and you can send that cold air our way.
    It was 90 earlier this week!
    And just keep in mind those of you in the North, although you may have 30s, 20s, and a few 10 degree days, and ocassionally even lower, for a few months, we get 100 degree by May, and it usually doesn't let up 'till October!!! And that's just the lows!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.