Monday, May 25, 2009

And Yet Another



All Simplicity 4122. Two wovens, two knits. I love them all, but I think it might be time to put this pattern away for a while so my entire summer tops wardrobe is not this one pattern, as I do still wear the first two from last summer.

For this one, I left off the front button closure and just cut the front pieces on the fold.



I decided to change this one up a little more and added a "faux" tie to the center front. I like this change as it gives the neckline a slightly vee shape, making it not quite so obvious it's the same exact pattern as the other three tops above.



No further progress on the jeans. I really thought I'd have a long sewing weekend, but we ended up doing other things. Saturday, I had to hang around in limbo waiting for people to show up to look at the boys' old beds I had listed on Craig's List. If they hadn't been sold, they were on their way to Goodwill because I was so tired of them taking up 1/2 of the garage. Around that, we were picking up all the tree debris in the yard from the storms (still raining but at least it's back to the normal Florida pattern of sunny with afternoon t-storms).

Yesterday I took the bed proceeds and bought a new gas grill with my sons in tow. They picked it out, telling me that they should have the final say since THEY would be doing the cooking. I noted this for posterity and then agreed. After bringing it home and setting it up, we then went to the grocery store and picked up some great NY Strip steaks, some fresh squash, and potatoes and had a DELICIOUS grilled meal. DS#2's girlfriend joined us and brought a dozen cupcakes for dessert. She knows DS's sweet tooth well because there exactly TWO left when I woke up this morning.

Today, though, I was determined to sew and finish something, which is why I chose another Simp 4122. I may get back into the sewing room after dinner (grilled lime chicken) and work on the jeans pattern. If not, it's still been a very relaxing and enjoyable weekend. I didn't work a lick since Friday.

19 comments:

  1. Got to love TNT patterns! I liked seeing the four different versions together. It's hard to tell they are from the same pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute top. TNT patterns are the best and you have done a great job changing them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure have made a lot of nice options with this pattern!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gotta put that Simplicity pattern on my list now! Very cute tops!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tops! I have an award for you on my blog if you choose to accept it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah I think you can make one or two more...the knit ones look so different from the woven ones that the general public wouldn't know that they all came from the same pattern. BTW, they are all great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think they all look great and they're not cookie cutter tops so they easily could have been from four different but similar patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You can't quit now-they all look so different and you are going to love wearing them since you know you like the pattern and fabric. you may as well crank out a couple more while you are on such a roll. I just read on PR that your bra was a contest first place winner (which like everything you sew deserves blue ribbons) - congratulations on the win! mssewcrazy

    ReplyDelete
  9. They all look so different and all equally cute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I need to make more use of this pattern! Did you interface the yoke or facing for the knit versions?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have completely loved your blog, and just spent the better part of my day just hanging out here after homeschooling and drooling!! I do have a couple questions if you wouldn't mind answering.

    How long have you been sewing?

    how long did you sew before you got sdtarted altering patterns?

    How did you start altering, with book info or simply trial and error?

    When you see a pattern, can you look at it and see the possabilities?

    Do you know how to make the armpits not come up to high? Goodness, I hate high armpits in my clothing.

    Do you have, body issues, you know, I have the high armpit thinggy, and I hate belts on dresses pulled tight.

    Lastly, would be a tad bit forthcoming about your clothing size? You appear to be my size... Just wondering because I really like your style of clothing, you may probably not wish to share that though.. Can you tell I'm not one to beat around the bush? Thank you.
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think there is room for at least one more ;) They all look so different and the best part I'm sure is no fitting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Psst! Just want to say (shout :), congratulations for winning the knit contest at PR!!! (I put this here rather than on the award-winning bronze bra project in case you won't see those comments for a while. Want to give you congrats asap :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think that pattern has become your TNT pattern. I like all four versions because each one look different

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all so pretty! And with those different prints and slightly different necklines, I think you could use the pattern another 4 times :) . Sure wish I had the time to crank some summer tops out like you have done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. These are a great set of tops. I'm immediately going to look up the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What great looking tops. Knit and woven from some pattern impresses me. I really like the fabrics and looks of all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oops! I meant to tell you congrats on the Knit Contest at PR.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Debbie, I see you have used woven and knit fabrics for the same pattern. How have you adjusted a knit pattern so that you can use woven fabric?
    Thanks Brenda UK

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.