Tuesday, November 22, 2011

And They're Off


I said I'd post one more time before leaving and this is it.

Pies, sweet potatoes, and muffins are made. Alex says the muffins are good, which is saying something for him since they are loaded with carrots, apples, and raisin bran cereal. I won't be having any since they are a carb nightmare, but I'm sure they'll be a hit for breakfast either Turkey Day or the morning after, or both. My sister is making and bringing quiche - more my speed. Since I did actually bake and prepare stuff from scratch, I will own up to buying the pumpkin pies. I mean, it's not like it's that different than buying a can of pumpkin pie mix and pouring it into premade crusts, right?

The car is mostly packed, and I'm off to bed. I'm hoping to leave no later than 6 AM, especially since we're due to hit bad weather most of the way. But at least the rest of the forecast is good.

Happy Thanksgiving one and all, or, Happy November 24th. Take your pick. :-)

I'll "see" you next week. Oh, and no "Turkey Pants" for me this year. Yay!! (If you're not sure what I"m referencing, do a search on my blog and you'll see. I'm out of time to create the link.)

4 comments:

  1. Happy Thanksgiving to you and safe trip.
    I love your new boots; it's astonishing to me that you can buy footwear online that fits! I can barely buy shoes that fit in a store situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving and safe travels! Enjoy the time with your family.

    I think you're fine with store-bought pies. The only person I know who actually does homemade pumpkin pie (with homemade pumpkin puree) is my MIL, and she's a homemade everything fiend. I will probably be forced to take over the pumpkin pie job at some point....should be interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Thanksgiving to you Lady!!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy turkey day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.