Thursday, November 17, 2011

Another Drive-By


I was able to squeeze about an hour of sewing in last night and the cammie purses are done. I didn't have as much time as I had planned because STBex had a slight traffic mishap on his way home last night. His truck is totalled. Completely not his fault and the other driver was cited for failing to yield to oncoming traffic (she tried to turn across 4 lanes of rush-hour traffic causing STBex to T-bone her vehicle). She had her 3 small children in her minivan, and thankfully no one was injured. But WHAT was she thinking?

Meeting him at the site, standing around waiting for the police to finish the reports and then for the tow truck to remove the demolished truck and van ate into my free time last night. So that's 2 of our vehicles wrecked in 2 months. I sure hope mine isn't next. 

Hopefully, tonight I can start something for ME because I really, really do not want to go shopping this weekend.

11 comments:

  1. So glad no one was hurt...but what a stressful thing to go through!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Soooo glad no one was hurt. That mother was so fortunate, I hope she is seeing that her mistake almost cost her her babies and not griping about her van.
    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, No! At least, no one was hurt. Happy sewing for yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Been there in that I had a woman cross in front of me. Could tell my big car was going to hit her Corolla right where her little girl was sitting. My last thought before impact was, "Dear God, I'm going to kill that kid!"
    Somehow I hit right between the back and front doors and her car took the impact rather than the passengers. No one hurt. --All that to save a few seconds time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Left-hand turns are an accident waiting to happen. Allow yourself a second or two to really discover if your left-hand turn is safe.

    Glad your family is safe - but can you order clothes off that Kindle Fire?

    ReplyDelete
  6. After seeing the damage to your husband's vehicle, I can't believe no one was hurt. We've been warned several times about being careful on the roads down here, but mostly because of the very old drivers who don't pay attention.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, another friend's husband was in a car accident yesterday. Makes me want to stay home. Glad no one was injured!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you sure you're getting a divorce? Any time there are issues, you guys are there for each other.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, is that your stbx's truck. I can't believe there is so much damage. I thought they were built like tanks. He must have been very shaken. I echo sdbev, it's lovely that you took the time to be there.

    ReplyDelete
  10. How unfortunate... I'm glad everyone was okay. So frequently, that is not the case. One of my good friends died back in January from something very similar.

    ReplyDelete
  11. SO glad there were no injuries. Life can turn on a dime...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.