Wednesday, November 9, 2011

More Nothing


I got back from the dentist almost 2 hours ago and I'm still waiting to be able to feel my lips. Really puts a crimp in dinner. Above is what I wore to work today. Outfit from Walmart, you've seen it before. One day, I will buy better clothes but right now they are mostly disposable so Walmart it is. These shoes passed the comfort test today too, but one has an annoying squeak. As long as it's not completely quiet, you don't hear it. But if it is, you hear me coming from a distance. Oh well, they look cute.

This pic is for Belinda. Remember this top? (Please ignore the numb-mouth crooked smile. It's hard to smile when you can't feel your face.)


And finally, the other fabrics calling my name that were just pre-washed so they're waiting for me. Top to bottom: dark brown ponte knit, taupe pinstripe blouse fabric, black skirt fabric I bought before I saw the Walmart skirt above so it might be a muslin since it was cheap, swirly sweater knit that's on my short list, olive green (it really is green) double-knit, poly silky jacquard print for a blouse, tan moleskin also on the short list.


Now I have to work on the cammie purses so I can actually sew those fabrics above into something to wear.

9 comments:

  1. Walmart outfit or not you looked professional today. Can you explain the short list?, must mean you also have a long list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look awesome in light colors! You should prefer these ones. They light up your face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always very excited to get new fabric and then wash it and be raring to go with new projects! But yes, finishing projects is good too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Try sprinkling a bit of cornstarch inside your shoe. Sometimes it takes care of the squeak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the above comment.. very professional look. Those shoes are great on you. Somewhere I've read something about a remedy for squeaky shoes... piercing the area a few times with a straight pin or some such. Maybe google it? Very inviting fabric pile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh boy I do remember that top!! Mine is long gone because the fabric stretched all out of shape after so much wear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of nice fabrics speaking to you! Love your new top.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have some squeaky shoes too! Annoying, but not as embarrassing as the squeaky bra I have!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been SO behind on my blog reading and I've only checked in now for the first time in a while. Holy crap you look great - you've lost so much weight and it really suits you. Having lost a lot of weight myself, I know how much work is involved and I just wanted to say great job. :)

    And a new wardrobe is totally a fitting reward!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.