Wednesday, August 9, 2023

The End. But Not.

Last post I said "This is either the beginning or the end of my saga with the Elizabeth Suzann Clyde Work Pants." Well, I didn't want to leave you hanging, or thinking I had disappeared from the blog again, but it's The End. 

Of the Clyde Work Pants, that is. And it's not an end with a completed pair of pants to show for it. Although I did end up with quite an impressive pile of ripped out thread. (That's not even half of it.)
Below is where I ended things. I did rip out every seam and all the topstitching and I cut them down by a size or two. And then I sewed them back together, and topstitched again. When I tried on the new version, they fit MUCH better, but I still wasn't loving them. 
It's those pockets, which span front and back. They are just TOO BIG and feel like TOO MUCH fabric in a weird place when I walk. So, I'm giving up because I know I'll never enjoy wearing them (and I'm not about to do any further ripping/altering to eliminate those monster pockets). I might go ahead hem the legs and add elastic to the waist so I can donate them, but I'm definitely not keeping them. So, alas, a wadder to welcome me back to sewing. Hands up if you can relate!

Next up is probably going to be a really boring black knit skirt for work. Nothing fancy because we are still not dressing up in any way at work (and I'm only in the office 2 days a week), but my current black knit skirt is fading. Literally. I've worn/laundered the heck out of it and I want/need a new one. I need to check was the fabric stash has to offer.

In the meantime, please enjoy two more pics of Cyrus. I'll be back soon.

 

8 comments:

  1. So glad to see another post from you. I remember you did some great magic pencil skirts that always impressed me and looked terrific worn. Is that pattern still a contender? Good luck 🍀 with your next project. Those pants weren’t so bad……

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cyrus is very cute with his stuffy! Sorry you didn’t get a good result this time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made a spiffy outfit and wore it out one day. I hated it. I had made this same pattern of pants and top. But, this one felt so different and uncomfortable. The material was not quite stretch enough. The first person I talked with wanted me to make an outfit her out of the "happening material." I had no more of the fabric but told her I would sell her the outfit because I hate it. This was a very generous attorney's wife. She thought it was too little to pay. She insisted I take more. I went home, washed the outfit and took it back to her the next day. She was thrilled. I was relieved! I hate wearing clothes I don't like or that fits funny. There was no altering this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get you on the pocket feels. The paperbag pants I just made have pockets that are driving me nuts. I am going to just sew them shut and cut them out. I so don't like pockets. Sometimes the truth about our garments is in the wearing, not the photos. As was said, "if it don't fit, you must -quit.", sort of.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cyrus is adorable ! thanks for the photos. And sorry for your wadder, yes I can relate :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh, at least you have Cyrus the Snuggle Pup to commiserate with you about the pants fail! That little neck pillow is just too much. I want your dog’s life! Heck, I want MY dog’s life…. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wait. The pockets do what now? I need to look this up because I can't picture it. =)

    *raises hand* After the basement water debacle, I jumped head first into wadderville (waterville?). Not like my sewing mojo wasn't already fragile. I knew when cutting out this skirt that it wasn't going to work. Finishing it only confirmed that I should listen to myself more often. =)

    Cyrus with the neck pillow is so adorable!

    L (You sew, girl!) Google is googling and not letting me comment normally.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.