Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Another Jalie Winner

As I mentioned, we've had a bit of cool snap here in West Central Florida, and after living here for 20 years, I'm a wimp with anything that falls below 70 degrees. Pitiful, I know, especially for an ex-New Englander who grew up with two-foot snowfalls regularly. So as the thermometer plunged to the 50s and even 40s, my need for longer sleeves rose. (As did my need for thick socks and another blanket for my bed!) Enter another Jalie 2806.



Nothing technically new to add since my first post on this pattern, but it's definitely become one of my favorite patterns of 2008. I did get a little creative with the bindings. I could've gone for solid brown, or even self-fabric, but I really wanted a bit of color contrast too.





Both fabrics are from Fabric.com. This, below, is the print used for the binding. A little fussy cutting and the yellow/brown print takes on a whole new look.



I'm pretty darn happy with this one. I love the splash of yellow, and the browns of both fabrics are a near-perfect match.

17 comments:

  1. Fab-u-lous top! I LOVE the bindings!! Good call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great top, Debbie. The binding is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the splash of color too! I have that knit. I'm waiting for it to warm up so I can do something with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that contrasting binding. Great top.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great combination of fabrics, and who doesn't love a quick and easy new top?

    ReplyDelete
  6. The trim really makes this one special!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really kewl top! But what I really like is how you used the contrast fabric. I saw that on fabric.com and couldn't get past its business so it's nice to see it in a new lite!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the top. As usual you are so clever! Glad to see you posting again, missed your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH yes! This is one of my favorites too. I've made 3 and want another but think I should move on to another pattern. I LOVE the bindings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very stylish. I just ordered this pattern and am eager to make it up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love it! Glad you're back too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this top. Great job on the binding!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a perfect match for the binding. It looks like it has circles on it to match the main fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy to see you back posting, love the new items and your jacket review. Happy Tday.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Brown and mustard are so pretty on your complexion, and lovely at this time of year for those of us who can wear them! Love the groovy print ensemble. It reminds me of your coordinating print training grounds, PJs and scrubs. Hey Deb, I'm really glad you're back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to have you back.

    Your bindings are so smooth and perfect. I envy your skill.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I know this comment is on an old post, but I just want to say that your choice of fabric was great! I LOVED the fabric and the binding. It's so great to see a patterened material that looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.