It's a gray rainy day here, which I think justifies a batch of something rich and gooey. And, of course, with chocolate! These will take the gloom away. (Now, if we could only do something about the humidity.)
Here's the recipe. My sons say milk is a mandatory beverage with these.
2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup chopped pecans (or walnuts)
2/3 cup butter
2 cups packed brown sugar
1-1/2 tablespoons vanilla extract
1-1/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
1. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir in chopped nuts and set aside.
2. Melt butter (love the microwave for this!). Add brown sugar and mix well. Cool slightly.
3. In a large bowl, beat eggs and vanilla together and add sugar/butter mixture. Mix well.
4. Add flour mixture, a little at a time, mixing well.
5. Spread in 9 x 13 pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until edges are firm and golden and shrinking away from the pan.
Cool for about 15 minutes and cut. Let sit another 15 minutes if you can, and then remove from pan. Makes 16 if you cut squares, 20 if you cut smaller rectangles.
* * * * *
And although I know Marjie is probably cringing, I have to share DS's blurry cellphone pic too. The pups always get to lick off the beaters around here. Don't worry - when they're done it goes through the dishwasher and all kooties are cleaned away. And they have much smaller tongues than Thor so fewer kooties, right? ;-)
My #MMMay17 Pledge
31 minutes ago