Monday, June 7, 2010

Sigh of Relief

Graduation is over and done. Whew! It went great, despite the huge crowd (graduating class of 550+) and oppressively hot and humid weather. Summer is definitely here in West Central Florida. Ugh. ;-) I'm trying to remember freezing my arse off in January so I can appreciate this heat better.

I'm not sure what we have for photos yet since DS#1 was in charge and what he took is still in his camera. Unfortunately, once we got outside with The Grad, it was far too crowded and hot to stand around and take photos so we departed fairly quickly.

In other news, DS#1, the Marine-to-be, passed his ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery) today with flying colors. We've spent a lot of time studying together over the last couple of weeks and it was well worth it. Well, except for that part about revisiting high school algebra. ;-)

Belinda, this photo is for you. My new orange sandals. Ta Da! They are a little fancier than my "every day" shoes/flip flops because of the metallic (gold) trim, but they fit into daily Florida life perfectly. And with my red hair/Autumn coloring, yellow/bronze metals are best on me, so I was happy with the gold instead of silver which is more popular lately. I think they have a slight gladiator & 1970s thing going on, but not so much as to be too young or trendy for my middle-aged self, and hopefully not too old/retiree either. ;-) Being only 1" high and cushioned, they are very comfortable, which is usually near the top of my new shoes requirements these days. And for a bonus, they also go with at least 2-3 more tops I already own.



ETA: Here's the Zappos link if you want to buy a pair in orange and/or the other color options.

16 comments:

  1. Orange shoes. I love them. I have 2 pair myself. I like the gold on these too, keep them for playing dress-up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes would be perfect on my feet!!! What brand are they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations for the graduate. I attended grandson #1's graduation Sunday. Was a wonderful day. Fun and family. Your shoes are a hit with me. Sure wish I could find some "snazzy" new shoes, but.....Central Indiana isn't a shoe mecca. Love your colors and clothes..........Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those orange shoes? Where did you get them? Really matches the grad dress!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've updated this entry to include the link to the shoes at Zappos, where I bought them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those shoes! I don't do well in heels anymore either. Congratulations to both your boys for their achievements.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And by freezing your arse off, was it below 50? :P

    Great shoes, and the dress was fabulous too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was hoping we'd see the shoes! The dress was beautiful and I'm glad you made it through the graduation. Being a Florida native, I feel your pain. Takes a long time for that many kids to go up and get the diploma, doesn't it? (My graduating class Naples High School-go Eagles-was that size-notice I'm not saying what year :-) In NC, the schools all hold graduations indoors at the local coliseum, which can be configured multiple ways. Seems a much more sensible solution ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Totally love the shoes! I've been looking for an orange sandal forever, but I can't wear slides. If only they were a slingback...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie,
    Thanks so much for the link for the orange shoes. I emailed them and they told me that they have a Zappos Canada so I can order from there.
    Donna Wicks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the graduation! Cool shoes and perfect for graduation dress.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debbie, it's great to hear DS#1 did well, and that he prepped just as if he was taking his SAT or GMAT because the ASVAB is truly just as important as those exams. He is totally doing it the right way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice shoes! - - Drsue

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to the grad and to the future Marine. What a coup with orange and gold sandals that have feet support too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. congrats on the grown up boys. it happens so fast! i remember when they were just starting high school, learning to drive, etc.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.