I've still got a couple of small tweaks to do to the pattern and I made some mistakes on this
Nothing remarkable about the back. It turned out fine.
Mistake #2 is on the inside here, but I'm not going to point it out. ;-) I also found some forgotten FQs of more of this fabric. I really wanted this orange print as the main lining instead of the turquoise print from the prototype, so I was happy about finding more.
Here it is loaded up. The credit card slots on the left are much better now. At least that was one mistake I didn't repeat.
I even got some coins "in action" for the zipper pocket.
Also, about the magnet. I unscientifically tested it last night by seeing how much "attraction" there was between it, the fabric in the billfold section, and some metal objects. My test showed almost none, so my conclusion is that the fabric and interfacing layers are enough of a buffer to prevent problems between the magnet and the credit cards. But one can still always use Velcro in place of a magnetic snap. I just didn't want the Velcro riiiiiip sound every time I opened my wallet in a store. ;-)
So now I have to draw the pattern on the computer, write up some directions and take photos while making another. And then put it all together in a nice little PDF package. See you in about a month. Just kidding. But it will take me a couple of days or more, especially because I think I'm going to have a rush USMC purse order coming in tonight which will push the pattern down in the queue.
Thanks to all who volunteered for testing. I'll definitely want at least one novice stitcher to test my instructions and one experienced stitcher who will be able to spot any pattern flubs. I'll contact 2-3 peeps from the volunteers when the pattern is ready.
* * * * *
And, yes, I know I still have spices and a gift card to finish up. I've just got a bit of tunnel vision with the wallet at the moment. It won't be too much longer, I promise.