New Look 6802, finally finished.
A close-up of the twist overlay, which gets lost in the print unfortunately, and so the dress looks kind of blah from a normal distance. Oh well, it's not going to be a wardrobe showstopper, but it will be perfectly fine in the office rotation. And it will move into winter with a cardi layered over it. So, the end result is a win overall, even if a boring win.
The reason it was a two-month dress is this pattern piece right here. I KNEW when I saw it that it looked too skinny for my body but I foolishly plowed on ahead anyway. (Why do I do that?)
I got this far at the end of July. From the front, not so bad.
From the back, sausage casing to the max.
This is where it, and my sewing mojo, sat for the last two months:
To be fair, I haven't been missing because this dress beat me. I've just been involved in some other things, and with a pretty full closet, hadn't felt an overwhelming need to sew and the desire to sew went with that.
But the desire is back and not only did I cut out and sew a new version of NL6802 this weekend, I also cut and sewed another NL6097. So now I have TWO new dresses to wear this week.
And I've also been eyeing the fall fabrics in the stash and inspiration is setting in. I think the mojo may be back for a while.
* * * * *
The fix for the sausage casing was to move the back skirt piece away from the fold 1" and then add a matching 1" to each side of the back bodice:
For completeness, these are the patterns for this weekend's makes: