Saturday, October 27, 2012

Simplicity 2451 In Progress


So far I'm on track to complete my two-skirt commitment to Faye's Carnival of Skirts. This is skirt #2 (and my belly) where I left it tonight. I still need to attach the waistband/yoke, insert the invisible zipper, and hem it. I forgot the first time I made this pattern (the other view) that I thought the pockets were too shallow and so no adjustment was made for that and they remain too shallow. But they're good enough to clip my office pass card onto and that's really all I want from them in a work skirt.

The fabric is a synethetic something bought from Fabricmart last year and it's nice and drapey, which is great for the twirl factor in this trumpet silhouette.

Tomorrow I'm going to wash and vacuum my car first thing (waaaaaay overdue) and then I'm hoping to finish the skirt with football on the sewing room TV.

If I finish, I'll probably wear it Monday with a new long-sleeve wrap top I bought today ... since our temps have dropped to the chilly 60s. Brrrr. ;-) The hurricane going up the East Coast made it quite windy here today and it actually was feeling like autumn. It's nice for us to have good weather from a hurricane for a change, but I really hope it doesn't turn into what's predicted for my northern friends.

Now it's off to look at the new Vogues since I saw a hint of their being out on Carolyn's blog ...

4 comments:

  1. Very nice skirt addition. Will be looking forward to seeing your completed project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you have another nice, versatile skirt in the making. It's going down to the mid 50's here tomorrow. Talk about "Brrr"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice to see you back in sewing action :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.