Saturday, August 15, 2009

Keeping Myself Accountable

I'm just noting all this publicly to keep myself accountable this weekend. The guys are away and I plan to sew, sew, SEW!

First up is to finish the second Petite Plus Shapely Shirt that I cut out last weekend and have worked on here and there since then. This one is from a quilting cotton, no Lycra. It's an Amy Butler print, so it may be a little too cutesy to wear in public. But for hanging around the house and out in the yard with the dogs, it should be very comfortable. I'm leaving off the collar to increase the comfort-in-humidity factor. But I am adding sleeves because my shoulders freeze inside in the A/C as my desk is right under a vent. The only things left to finish are inserting the second sleeve, hemming, and buttonholes/buttons. I plan to finish this in the morning.

After that, I want to work on a new bra. I finally ordered 4 different sets of underwires from Bramakers.com which came during the week and I now have 2 keeper sets. They are actually the same basic size, just different lengths for different style bras. The size charts you can print out from the site are extremely helpful. I want to tweak the fit of the last bra, made from the Danglez pattern. I hope to have at least a new "muslin" finished by Saturday evening. If that goes well, then I want to make a final version before the weekend is over.

Somewhere in all of this I do need to spend about 3-4 hours catching up on some work. It's been a frazzled week and I have a graphics project I haven't been able to concentrate on due to all of the other interruptions. I want this off my plate so it stops nagging at me.

I don't think that leaves time for any other projects, but if a miracle occurs, then I'll pull out the J. Stern jeans pattern and work on that again. Actually, I don't need to really pull it out as I've never put it or the non-fitting capris away. Out of sight is out of mind around here and I didn't want to forget about them.

So, what's on your to-do lists for the weekend?

5 comments:

  1. The rest of the housework (Laundry and vacuuming) and I started a quilt for the quilt shop last night and I would like to finish it this weekend. My work is almost unbearable right now with a project and I "need" to focus on other things instead of my job on the weekend.
    Good post, Debbie. Take care and I'll be thinking of you this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to sew and finish up a book. This is the first weekend in 3 that I don't have a social engagement and I just don't want to leave the house! *LOL* Monday comes soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on getting everything done.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ill be happy when I can start making plans to actually sew things.....I'm still unpacking boxes...I've made "a" bra once and wasn't happy but I'd love to give it another try. You have been very successful with yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your website. I am relatively new to apparel sewing and I was wondering if you could do a post about your dress form. I want to buy one/make one but I am all over the board with the decision. I look forward to hearing from you!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.