Saturday, August 5, 2006

Well, well

Update: Well Repair Guy has come and gone. We'll have water tomorrow morning-ish, but will be $1,600 poorer. It is the pump and while we're having that replaced, we decided to go for the whole enchilada and replace the 30-year old holding tank too since it has a small leak and also seems to be where all that sludge was coming from. Big sigh. Thirty years is a long time for a pump and tank to last. I just wish we had had more of those years instead of the previous owners.

On the bright side (yeah, right), Well Repair Guy Dave seems to be a pretty straight arrow and a pleasant guy. I know his pricing is fair since we had previously looked into replacement at a future time. (The future is now.) Dave agreed to not charge us for the service call since he's going to get the whole job. We could've ended up with a lot worse from a desperate last-minute weekend service call. I hope I don't have to eat my words, or if I do, I'll be able to wash them down with some clear fresh water.

After Dave left, the skies opened up and deluged us with rain. Water, water everywhere but not a drop to drink. But DH had the "brilliant" idea to set out a slew of buckets so we can flush the potties through the evening. You can see where his priorities are!

I finished tracing the Burda WOF pattern. We've got frozen pizzas in the oven and a jug of purchased iced tea for the beverage. The rest of the evening should be relatively calm and maybe I'll even cut and sew the pattern I traced.

1 comment:

  1. oh debbie! $1600 is what the A/C people wanted here to replace our outside unit. at least we don't NEED a/c (so we are holding off, for now). i hope you got some sewing in, and get to take a nice shower before the weekend is out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.