Thursday, May 10, 2007

A Snail's Pace

Is May over yet? I feel like it's zipping by and we're not moving as fast as I'd hoped. We lost a bit of time yesterday trying to track down and special order a replacement curve for the wainscot trim. We took down each piece last year, numbered them and thought we had them all. Except now we're missing one. And then Chili decided the little curvy pieces should be dog treats and kept stealing them and chewing on the ends. It was both cute and annoying at the same time. But how can you stay mad at this adorable little face??



I did finally start the floor tonight. Two whole rows — woo hoo! ;-) But I'll start in again in the morning and work until I have to leave at 1:00 PM to do the Team Mom football meal thing. And there's the game tomorrow night.

DH has all the various trim painted and waiting in the garage, and he's working on framing the window as I type. Over the next couple of days, he'll work on the chair rails and crown while I do the floor. I'm still hoping to be done with the dining room by the end of the weekend, but I know that will be really pushing it.

Here's what it looked like about 10 minutes ago:



I promise, this blog will return to sewing next week. It has to. I have a graduation dress to make.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Debbie, just reading your blog makes me tired and sore. Good luck. I hope the flooring gods are in a good mood this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I understand completely. I want to put my house up for sale by month end when we will be moving, but nothing is getting done towards that goal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, I am in total awe of you installing floors. Wow!
    I was wondering if there is time in your plans for pictures and eventually a tutorial on putting down those floors. I would like to take up our carpets upstairs and installs wooden floors too, one day, in my dreams.
    My DH would certainly start to feel 'unwanted' around here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.