Sunday, July 8, 2007

First New Outfit Done



Another nice summer outfit. Easy to wear, comfortable, and nicer than a plain tee and jeans. The skirt fabric is a stretch poplin from Fabric.com last year (or maybe the year before). The skirt is just pinned onto the dressform so it's hanging a little funky. The fabric for the twist top is also a Fabric.com purchase from last summer. It's got a puckered rib texture which you can see better in the photo below.



I made another of this same top from the same fabric in a different color last year. The fabric was labeled as polyester but I think it's more nylon than poly. It's very comfortable to wear, even on our hottest and most humid days. I still wear this one a lot, so I knew I'd wear another one in a different color. I left the rosette off this lavendar version, but I made another tie which can be tied on as seen or left off. The top is not too low-cut for me to wear with only my bra underneath because after I made the turquoise version, I adjusted the pattern for a higher neckline.



This makes #3 for both patterns. I love those TNTs for instant gratification. I'm not sewing as fast as I was cutting yesterday so it's not quite "instant," but I am making progress. The jury is still out on the second skirt. I did make a muslin last night of the Simplicity pattern. It fits and I like it, but my fabric isn't wide enough for the bias skirt panels. Oops.

10 comments:

  1. Pretty outfit! I love the colours. I think it was instant. I go to sleep to wake up and find you have sewn an entire outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, I like the lavendar! I need to get my butt in gear tomorrow & cut a few new tops to whip out too. Gotta another trip to make, this time to New Orleans. Fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that outfit - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie - I really like your new lavendar outfit! It's so pretty and sew you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty!! At this pace you will have your stash sewn up in no time....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new outfit is lovely! I especially like the top. I love that you are so motivated to sew-perhaps you could bottle it and I get buy some from you! LOL Do you find it easier to cut with a rotary cutter?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, I'll have to stop reading your blog and get my sewing done!

    Could you do me a favour and post a picture of how you stitched the elastics on the panties, both on the waists and legs? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just forgot to add that a close-up pic of the finished product will do. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it, I like it. Boy, you sure are leaving the rest of us in the dust!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that outfit Debbie. The lavender shade is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.