Friday, November 30, 2007

Brown Jeans (Dirty Mirror)

ETA: OK, I see this is a known issue and we'll just have to wait for Blogger to fix the problem. Help! Blogger is doing something weird with my photos. If you click on them to enlarge, please tell me if you're getting a download warning dialog box instead of just being taken to the page with the bigger photo.



Yes, I really need to clean this mirror this weekend. Ewww. And I was too lazy to set up the tripod, so what I ended up with was this dark, blurry, can't-see-anything-photo. So, imagine the best-fitting, most-flattering pair of brown jeans you've ever seen. LOL! Seriously, after the fiasco with the first rendition of the back yoke, these turned out very well. I like them a lot. I'll like them even better when this past Thanksgiving leaves my waist. We won't even talk about the Thanksgivings before then that really need to leave the waist & hips as well. ;-)

Nothing fancy for the topstitching. I'm feeling kind of blah and boring this week. I did one row of regular straight stitch and then two rows of triple straight stitch on front and back pockets, inspiration for which was stolen right from one of the photos/drawings in a recent Ottobre Woman.



The waistband facing is a brown & aqua polka-dot cotton. The fly facing (not shown) doesn't match, but it does coordinate. I used scraps from this skirt fabric.



I'm going to cut another Onion top tonight. It's all ready to go. It's just me and the dogs here tonight so I might even sew too.



I should also cut another (or twenty) Ottobre tee like the one I'm wearing in the photo above. I wear this one and my other Ottobre tees ALL THE TIME. I haven't worn the first make of the Onion top very much because the weather turned too warm again. It just hangs in the closet waiting for the temps to drop below 80. Don't feel too jealous if you're in the cold climates — some of the humidity has returned too. Ugh. Living in Florida has a lot of perks, but I'm really ready for some long-sleeves weather to stick around more than a week.

16 comments:

  1. It took me to the download box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also got the download box.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got the download box and my "preview" program opened up the bigger picture (I have a Mac)
    Vicky F

    ReplyDelete
  4. p.s. your new jeans look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I think your pants look great! The same thing happened to my pics this afternoon on blogger. I thought it was something that I did wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the jeans, Debbie. When you clean your mirror, can you come and clean mine too please? :)

    I was sitting here thinking I must sew another Ottobre tee (short sleeve) as I wear mine all the time too. They are the best and I definitely need more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What pattern are you using for your jeans? They look great. My next project is to fit jeans.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get the box,too, but the jeans still look great. I love the contrasting facing. BTW, your new work table looks great--all those future projects lined up so neatly underneath, inspirations peeking out at you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your jeans and the topstitching. I live in Florida, also, and I'm told a cold front is on it's way! Keep your fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie, I love your table. Have you posted any pics of it finished? Did you use plans from somewhere or did you make this up yourself?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well done on the jeans! They do look good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the jeans, Debbie. Don't worry about the mirror as I didn't notice it until it was mentioned. Your topstitching always looks great. Have fun sewing tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I found your other posts on your table, or rather my dh did when I showed it to him. He is going to make me one. Right now I am using an old wooden 5' drafting table but I'd love the shelves you have under yours. So, thanks for your posting all the info.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The picture downloaded to my desktop. I occasionally have this happen with people's photos. Great looking pants.

    Marilyn D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your jeans do look great, as does the topstitching, very nice.

    I also got the download box, My pic are doing the same.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.