Monday, August 18, 2008

Daylight Savings Time



I was up before 6 AM today, to make DS's lunch and send him off to school.

After that, I took the sleepy dogs out. Then back inside, made myself an egg and toast and ate breakfast in front of the computer while reading some blogs and checking the hurricane updates.

I emptied the dishwasher and put in a load of laundry.

Next it was up to the sewing room where I serged the outseams of both pairs of capris, then stitched them together and pressed all four seams open. Oh yeah, before that I had to re-thread the serger and sewing machine so that counts as "sewing" time too.

Back downstairs to take out meat for tonight's dinner and to add the ingredients for Foccacia dough into the bread machine.

Soon, it will be time to start the paying work.

I get a lot of stuff done when I get up early. Why can't I force myself to do that when school is out? I don't go to bed any earlier, so it's not like I switch the tasks from the end to the start of the day. I guess extra summer sleep is contagious when you have teenagers.

The photo above is the present state of the capris. I'm going to post a pic every day of the progress (or not) and see how long it takes me to finish these working in short spurts in the morning and evening.

5 comments:

  1. That's "IT", eh, Debbie!! Snatches of time!! I tell myself, "TODAY, I'm going to SEW!!" Doesn't WORK that way, eh!!
    Warm greetings,
    Rhonda in Montreal (PR)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel. I have to literally write down my sewing time in my calendar. Life just takes up so much of my sewing time! What are those clear boxes on the floor? Are they holding thread?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be interesting to see if you use the extra morning time effectively. As for me, I don't like to function in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! I sleep in over the summer too, but I really, really like it. I've been trying to schedule sewing time too...a seam here or there...and not worrying so much about "finishing it". That's hard for me because I want to Get'r Done. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find I can get lots done in the mornings with only a few spare minutes (especially if it's a morning when I've gone running already!). Like this morning, I had ten minutes spare before I had to leave for work, so I was able to sew four more seams on my coat. It doesn't seem like much, but it all adds up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.