Friday, July 27, 2012

How could I forget?


Sometimes the brain does such weird stuff. THIS dress is the whole reason I was thinking about the Wearability post, and did I even mention it? Uh, nope. Sheesh.

It's been finished less than 3 weeks and I've already worn the crap out of it. In fact, I had to restitch part of the hem because I was wearing it when a sudden urge came on to move Tyler's boxes of stuff into the garage and I (how does one say this gracefully?) spread my legs too far apart while balancing on a ladder hoisting a box to a top shelf and, well, riiiiiiip. :-)

I've worn it to the movies/dinner with the girls, to work, shopping, and to the Dali museum with my sister (pictures of the museum to come soon). That's a lot of wash/wear for 2-1/2 weeks!

I'm definitely making this one again and soon, but I *will* fix the pattern mistake before I do (even though it doesn't bother me at all now in the finished dress). But even before that, I need to finish my in-progress New Look dress and then decide what I'm going to do with those lovely knit prints that arrived last week since I promised myself they wouldn't become stash.

I think tonight I'll watch the opening ceremony for the Olympics in the sewing room so I can do some dress hems and make a decision or two. Multi-tasking is my middle name. :-) Maybe I can get into the spirit and have my own sewing Olympics for the next couple of weeks.

13 comments:

  1. I think the Sewing Olympics sounds more interesting than the Real Olympics, personally... :-) I really admire you, Debbie -- not just your sewing skills, but your ability to pick that perfect combination of fabric and pattern that results in not just a wearable garment, but a FAVORITE garment. I still have a long way to go, but I learn something new every time you post about your projects. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finding a garment you want to live in is wonderful. When it's one you've sewn yourself and can make again, well that's just the best!
    Things here in London are at an Olympics fevered pitch, fingers crossed it all goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great dress. I can see why it would become a wardrobe workhorse.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks great on you! I can see why its a favorite. I'm very interested in how you will move that dart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great dress! I just signed contract on a house in Fla, so am going back through your old posts for Fla-friendly year round clothing. Hate to jettison those wools from stash just yet, but I suspect the day will come... soon..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, what a fun dress! Looks perfect for the summer. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice picture of your dress, and your smile! I'm watching the Olympic coverage too, and planning my next project.I look forward to your posts and always learn so much from your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Olympics sewing! It sounds really appealing, I'm sure it's more fun too, lol. Love this dress, it looks very flattering on you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice dress. You have a lot of new clothes in your wardrobe, and of course, you need them since you're working. I remember dressing up daily. Does a lot for your self esteem.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could watch the sewing Olympics.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very cute dress and I love the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have absolutely aced the colours in this dress,Debbie! Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have aced the colours in this dress,Debbie!You look terrific.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.