Monday, October 27, 2014

Mirror Shot and Go Vote!


Here's a really crappy mirror shot of me after work today in my very extremely messy sewing room, complete with my work badge dangling off my skirt waist. You're welcome. ;-)

I am in love with this outfit and apparently others like it a lot too since I received a nice amount of unsolicitations. Woot! What a nice way to start a week. Besides needing more Jenna cardis, I need more of these skirts. I ended up tucking in the underlayer tank, which works well I think. Gives me a waist too.

Now please go have a look at the Curvy Sewing Collective's entries into the Wrapalong Sewalong and vote for your favorite here. I won't lie by saying I hope it's for me cuz the top three vote-getters each get a $50 gift certificate from Smuggler's Daughter for fabric, and you all KNOW how fabric deprived I've been. :-)

But even if not for me, please go vote. There are many pretty entries and they all deserve a look.

And go vote in the mid-terms too. Alex and I will be heading to a local polling place tomorrow after work for early voting. Love that option. The only thing better would be an app for that.



22 comments:

  1. It's those blue colors, Debbie. They look really pretty on you. Good luck with the contest. I am off to vote!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We voted yesterday morning, and the guy running against desantis was at our polling place for a while - intelligent, nice, and thoughtful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... dur, and I really like your outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great length for a cardigan and the color is nicely matched. Thanks for reminding us about voting at CSC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie, I loved the look of that outfit on your dressmaker dummy but it looks even more spectacular on you. It really is a beautiful outfit with amazing colours. You wear it well. I might have to try to copy this.......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great colours for you, this outfit is a winner! Now I'm also off to vote ... fingers crossed for you ... J

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oregon has Vote by Mail which you can do at any time up to the election date. Which frees me from having to read political mail, political phone calls, political craziness if I vote early.

    I like this outfit too - great colors on you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cute outfit -- I love that flippy skirt! Thanks for modeling:) It looks great on you. There is such a difference between seeing clothing being worn vs. on a dressmaker's dummy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great outfit, Debbie! It's the colors *and* the length of that cardi, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  10. See?! All your clothes don't need to be brown! I'm taking a lesson from you on this. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. AFTER WORK TODAY - yes, yes - I'm behind on blog reading and missed where you got the job. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG and app for that!!! YES!!

    Your sweater set looks great. I should make 5 of those as I wear them all the time.

    And THANK YOU for making me feel less alone in a semi-messy sewing room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh! and Congratulations x 100 on your new job. So glad you were successful. That is such a trying chore to find one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the skirt Debbie, it really suits you. Have you got the pattern No. please.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Such a cute ensemble! Very modern with pretty colors and a flattering silhouette. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very cute, flattering outfit.
    designdreamer

    ReplyDelete
  17. Here's to you for making it through the temp period - congrats Full Timer! Love the new outfits, you look so happy, it's very nice to see that smile :)
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very, very pretty! Flattering, too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.