Monday, October 13, 2014

Sneak Peek: Muse Patterns Gillian


(The browns do match but my camera apparently wasn't liking an indoor night shot and decided to make up its own colors.)

I've been testing the newest pattern from Muse, the Gillian wrap dress, which was just released yesterday. I'm hoping to have this dress finished in the next day or two and you can then expect an honest review from me. Yes, I received the tester and final pattern for free, but if you know me, you know that I'm all about keeping it real. There will be no sugarcoating here. I'll tell you now, though, that if you're thinking of buying it soon to take advantage of the new release discount, you won't be wasting your money. You can find the discount code on the Muse blog, here. (This plug is completely unsolicited and I receive nothing for it.)

In non-sewing news, I started my new job this past Thursday. I didn't have to go far ... just one floor up from where I've been temping since May. It's the same firm, but a permanent position opened up in another department and some new friends I've made here let me know early and cheerleaded for my getting an interview and the job. I'm eternally grateful! It's a really wonderful place, with lots of friendly people, great benefits, and the fantastic perks and resources working in a large law firm brings. I'm technically still temp for about 25 more days, but that's how the agency fee works. I don't anticipate any roadblocks to being on the real payroll at the start of November. Then you'll hear the screams of joy (and relief) ... and the thump of the fabric delivery box ... no matter where you live. ;-)

Thank you all again for hanging in there with me during the ups and downs, and for sending all those good vibes. I truly believe they worked! Now keep them crossed for 25 more days. :-)

And, Corgi Karen ... yes,  let's get together for lunch or something SOON! 


19 comments:

  1. So glad things are turning around! I look forward to seeing your dress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea you! Congrats on the soft job landing. Missing your posts and the creative energy that sings from the
    page. Happy you, happy me. Can't wait for the fabric deliveries and shoe show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so glad for you!!! You've had a rough time of the job thing for awhile. Praying this turns out to be everything you want and more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so happy for you! I'm sending good vibes for the next 25,000 days. =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great news about your job situation! Keep sewing, sister!

    Suzie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that things on are on the upward move for you and I can't wait until you start sewing and showing! I love your creations, as they're always so inspiring. Go Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is all great news! And I'm really excited to hear that you tested the Gillian. Is that what the mystery skirt was in one of your posts a while back? I'll confess that I went nuts over this pattern as soon as I saw the announcement. I can't wait to see the finished dress!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow - I am dancing the happy dance for you. The Gillian is looking nice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michelle,
    No ... the skirt is another pattern/company, which hasn't been released yet.
    I've been thinking of you while sewing the Gillian because I think it's right up your alley.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such good news! I am so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. bwah ha ha, the thump of the fabric delivery box!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh hooray! Very happy for you.
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congats are definitely in order!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations! Bill paying and fabric buying in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thank God that you got a permanent position. I have been praying for you. I can not wait to see the dress you are making.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I didn't know about this pattern line. Thank you! I am glad things are getting better for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.