It's almost finished. It looks finished, right? And it would be, except that I put one buttonhole and button on the wrong side of the cuff for one sleeve. THANKFULLY, I hadn't cut the buttonholes yet. So, one puffy shirt and one sleeve complete. One closure to be reworked tomorrow. Don't sew buttonholes in a hurry so you can take pics for your blog. ;-) But that's the only thing that gave me trouble today. The sleeves and cuffs themselves went together without a hitch.
And for some really good news? My iron is working again. I have no idea. In desperation earlier this afternoon, I decided to give it one last try and it turned on. I *know* it's not the outlet because it's plugged into it now and the backup was plugged into it earlier (before I stomped on it in a fit of frustration and tossed it out the window — just kidding. Maybe.). But I'm not going to question it and just enjoy having it back. Thanks for all the tips on where to buy another one, though. I do have a Tuesday Morning nearby that I've never been to. I think I'll swing by soon and see what's available for a better back-up in case my Rowenta wants another vacation.
Next up after the buttonhole is fixed will be the doublet. I'm looking forward to working with the fancy stuff again. This linen (cotton/linen blend really) is perfect for the role, but it has shredded all over my sewing room.
Oh and Blogger — I heart you for the new Preview option.