Sunday, December 24, 2006

Let there be paint


One more thing to cross of the pre-Christmas list. Trooper that he is, DH took on the job of finishing the painting in the foyer and upstairs landing/hallway and did a pretty darn good job. The dark wood trim will eventually be painted white as will the spindles on the banisters and the icky blue carpet will be taken out. But for now the ugly bare drywall is covered in a color of our choosing (that color being a nice shade of taupe which isn't showing up well in the photos). What a great Christmas present to wake up to.

One more view:

The presents are wrapped and under the tree. There's nothing to be assembled and everything is set for tomorrow's breakfast. I think the elves may get a full night's sleep tonight.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

3 comments:

  1. As you wake up, come down the freshly painted stairway (keep walking, stopping looking :) ) to unwrap presents, I'm off to bed after a *very* long day. Merry Christmas from the other side of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie - what a wonderful present. Can you clone him, wrap him up, and put him under my tree? I love watching the remodeling you are doing to the Money Pit. It looks lovely, as do all your Christmas cookies. Where do you get the energy??

    Happy Holidays,
    Claire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.