Thursday, December 14, 2006

Purple Jeans & Burda Top


Here are the jeans finally, with the new matching top. The colors are off in these pics — both are more purple than the red/burgundy shown here. These jeans are straight out of the dryer so I do expect them to stretch out after I wear them, but they do fit like jeans (tight) and yes, the bengaline pants are much more flattering. Hmmm.

Here's a really unflattering back view. ;-) Shadows and twisting for the pic are creating some wrinkles that don't really exist with a more normal stance. But hey … they're done, right?

And with that, I'm off! I'm going to write up a review for the top later but now I've got to go change into those flattering bengaline pants since we're finally going out to that restaurant dinner tonight and DH will be home soon.

10 comments:

  1. Enjoy your dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Debbie, I love that top. I remember seeing it and wishing it came in my size. Looks great with the jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie - outfit looks great! I was shocked when I saw you had posted twice in the same day!

    I was wanting to pick your brain about the blog - how did you add your labels to the side? I want that!!! Thanks for any help - g

    ReplyDelete
  4. the jeans totally rock, they look like rtw, thanks for the inspiration I'm working on a BWOF pattern and the tracing is wearing my patience down, but I just got energized seeing you top

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think Mary Beth figured out a way for those of us who are not on beta to post ...
    I love the colour combo and the lines of this top. I may have to see if I can make it work for my size.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, another great project. Your sewing is so inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the top. I really think it is a great pattern! Like the reverse coverstitch idea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, your outfit is great. I'm intrigued with the whole reverse coverstitching thing. You've done an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there Debbie, your jeans look perfect to me and I love that overlock stitching on the blouse...everything is wonderful. Did I miss your saying the pattern name for that jeans pattern?!? Somehow I can't find it. But, I do have the burda for the top.
    Happy holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, and Debbie, did you locate that Bengaline fabric anywhere online so we can all have our fill?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.