Wednesday, May 14, 2008

P.S.

Adding on to my earlier post today …

Here's the lime slinky cardigan:




I don't think I'll ever wear all 3 pieces together. That's a LOT of lime green slinky! But Zillie was already wearing the skirt so a triple dose is what I photographed.

This is the print for the Ottobre blouse:



Tammy/Izzie left a comment earlier about the weird dart placement for this blouse, and boy was she right. I had just finished altering the pattern when I came back downstairs and read her note. It's good to know that it wasn't just me scratching my head. But I've moved the dart (along with doing an FBA), and I think things will be OK now. I'll decide about waist darts after I've got a muslin sewn. I never match up with printed waist darts anyway so that won't be anything new.

And, finally for you Sherril, a pic of the inside of the tie blouse.



Clairee asked about sewing with this fabric since she has some too. I used the serger and CS machine for everything and just let the pleats fall where they wanted. On vertical seams (since I cut it crossgrain), the pleats were flat. On the only horizontal seam, the skirt hem, the did sort of stretch out a bit which is why the hem has a slight lettuce/flutter look to it.

9 comments:

  1. Nice wardrobe you're building yourself Debbie! I do like that green, but all three pieces might be a bit much. How many pieces have you completed so far?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I kinda like the 3 together. Maybe not for work but for dinner or an outing. Just could do with some accessories in a neutral to tone it down a bit. Not much different than a long sleeve dress in the one colour.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that all 3 lime green pieces together are a bit much. It'd look superb with the paisley top, green skirt & green cardigan.

    Thanks for the pulled pork recipe on my blog; I'll have to try it now that the mob is back in town.

    And my daughter is my second graduate; her older brother got his BS in Ind. Engrg in 3 years, and PhD in economics in 2 more. They're my motivated students; the others: much lazier. Thanks for the good wishes.

    And I'm sorry for the loss of your pastor and his son.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your pastor and his son. :(

    I like the cardigan. You really are building up a wardrobe of work clothes very fast. I also like your blouse fabric.

    Good luck with the job hunting. I hope that phone is ringing off the hook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a great wardrobe you are busy building. Good luck on the job search. g

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think I am with Vicki- I think the three pieces could be really nice for a special occasion if it had something to tone it down like some fabulous piece of costume jewelry for the neckline. It may take awhile to find it but as popular as the greens are getting to be it will eventually turn up. I would keep a scrap in my bag so when in places like a Steinmart or TJ Maxx that have a jewelry counter with nice costume pieces, you can keep checking until the "find" surfaces that will make that outfit look like the designer gear it is. Colors like your outfit are definitely on the way in from what I am reading so the jewelry will be showing up to accessorize them. mssewcrazy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very helpful Debbie. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie, could you please add a tag for this called "tie neckline".

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.