Saturday, June 21, 2008

Already Behind



The jacket is done and I like it a lot. Here's a little sneak peak until I take some more pics and write the review.

We had a huge t-storm pass by earlier and our power was out for an hour. That completely messed with my day. I couldn't get dinner into the crockpot, I couldn't take a shower (electric pump on well), I couldn't read (it was like night outside so it was too dark inside), I couldn't start the laundry. And then Pepper, who has always been terrified of thunder and power outages, peed on the bathroom rug. Sigh. So now I'm behind about 2 hours and still haven't made it into the shower. (Why does a dog get scared when the power is out? Is she that spoiled?)

I did cut out a few pattern pieces for the new view of the Butterick skirt I want to make today. After the big clouds passed, there was enough light coming into the sewing room window that I could fumble my way through the remaining 3 small pieces.

It's still raining, but obviously the power is back on. I'm going to grab a shower and work on that skirt.

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the pictures. Did you have to alter the sleeve pattern by enlarging it. If so, will you show the method you used (if you have time). Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, Debbie. Can't wait to see more. And I've been playing in my sewing room today too. :) Believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wrote a week or 2 ago about "Dogs need Electricity!" We lost power for about 5 hours, and our Thor literally hid beside or under anyone he could find, mostly beside his (our) 8 year old. I love this jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to your review, this sneak peak looks very promising.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rain's over here now! :) If I lose power, I'm gonna cry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie we have a big dog that is terrified of storms & loss of power. Imagine 100 lb doggie following you on your heal. The jackets looks terrific too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.