Wednesday, June 25, 2008

I Missed It

It's after midnight so my 2nd blogiversary was officially yesterday. Wow! Two years already? Teena left a comment wishing me a Happy Blogiversary and I actually had to go check to see what she was talking about. But she was right. Thank you Teena, and thank you also for de-lurking. And thank you to all my readers out there. I wasn't certain when I started this that I'd keep up with it, but it turned into a fun outlet for me. I'm glad you all seem to enjoy my ramblings too.



I'm still working on the skirt but I thought I'd show you how it looks so far. Both the jacket and skirt were basically just thrown on Zillie so ignore wrinkles, crookedness, etc. This is the best I do at 12:43 a.m. Plus, Zillie doesn't have my lower half curves and so can't even begin to fill out the skirt at the waist and hips.

Thank you for all the wonderful comments on the jacket. I think this is one of my favorite makes ever. I found out today that I have a 2nd interview on Monday at a casual dress office and I'm thinking of wearing this outfit for that. I really want to wear this jacket somewhere! Of course, wearing this outfit on Monday does kind of depend on me actually finishing the skirt.

Tomorrow is yet another interview with the full pantyhose regalia. I don't know how much sewing time I'll be able to squeeze in when I get home. The skirt still needs the waistband facing and to be hemmed.

Speaking of comments … I know I'm really behind on answering questions. My apologies, but I just can't seem to squeeze enough hours out of each set of 24 I have to work with. I hope to catch up soon.

Now it's off to bed so I'm not dragging in the morning.

13 comments:

  1. Good luck with the interviews! Love the outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The outfit looks really good. I like the way the fabrics coordinate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I am like many of your blog fans that are proud of you for rising to the occasion and making a great work wardrobe in record time while some like myself are still shuffling patterns around with nothing to show in the way of progress. Enjoy wearing your pretty jacket and good luck on the interviews. mssewcrazy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big thumbs up on that outfit - you'll do great in your interview, I know and look great while you are doing it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure going to miss your prolific output when you re-join the workforce. Who will sew vicariously for me then?
    All your work outfits look great. Good luck

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a beautiful outfit that I'm sure would impress any employer. Thank you for sharing all of your fabulous clothes and sewing tips.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the skirt color with this jacket. I also like the flair of the skirt at the hem. Good luck with the next interview, and thanks for 2 years of blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good luck on the interviews. Maybe you'll get lucky and the casual office will be the one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks really nice together. Your interview clothes — new, bright and carefully chosen for your intended workplace — could stand as models for How To Dress For The Office. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations on your blogiversary! Hallmark will have to jump on that with a new card. If you get the job at the casual dress place, will you send me those brown shows with the ring in the center? ;) I probably couldn't wear them anyway. I'm sure your feet are smaller than mine. Love the skirt with the jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy blogoversary! Good luck with interviewing, your outfit looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Blogoversary! Good luck on your interview. Thanks for taking so much of your time showing us all the detail work when sewing. I have learned so much from you and enjoy reading your blog. Finding PR and so many talented sewers like yourself, it has provided me with an outlet to goto and created a sense of balance in my life. I admire you skills. So, thanks again for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Blogversary ! Your wonderfully detailed post have helped me through many of my fitting problems. You dress and sew beautifully.I hope you get the job you want.Best luck.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.