Saturday, January 15, 2011

Kwik Sew 3764 - First Look

Not too bad for the muslin. And this time, I made a *real* muslin. I.e., ugly old bed sheet.



One of the things I wanted to test was where the collar landed on me. But it's fine. On the pattern envelope, it seemed to end a little too high up on the models. Unfortunately, I did a great job of covering up the collar when taking the pic, so you'll have to take my word for it.

I added my usual square shoulder alteration as I was tracing the pattern. Other alterations will be to raise the armhole and tuck out shoulder-to-waist length. Both can be done at the same time. Then I'll adjust the sleeve to match. I knew I'd have to do this, which is why I waited to do a sleeve muslin. I'll muslin it after the adjustments.

The back isn't too bad either, but I will have to add some additional booty room for my generous backside. Because I'm twisting and holding my arm funny, it looks like more room is needed than in actuality. I drew the approximate amount I'll be adding. I will spread the pattern instead of adding at the CB seam since the high hip is where I really need the extra.



I'm also going to add a back yoke just because I think it will look better in the finished casual jacket. I'll incorporate the shoulder-to-waist length tuck when I do that.

For a refresher, this is the pattern envelope again:



* * * * *

In MPB Men's Shirt Sew-Along News: My fabric delivery was delayed until Monday. I'm guessing due to the weather. The Etsy seller let me know this morning that she was mailing the pattern today. It looks like I'm still on track for a February 1 start.

* * * * *

Back to the football games, and the jacket. Go Steelers! Go Jets!

6 comments:

  1. Your muslin looks great. This pattern is such a nice style, your jacket will look awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to see your alterations. I'm still quite a newbie in that area! Is the mail running Monday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No mail, but UPS will be here. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm watching your progress on this jacket, and I might need to get this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun pattern! I like how the zip opening isn't quite vertical. (and am totally on board with your comment - any excuse to buy a new pattern!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love watching your progress and how you alter patterns . Your jacket pattern is lovely .

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.