Friday, January 6, 2012

It's the Weekend!

Project Runway All Stars is queued up on the DVR and my sewing room is calling me to work some more on the dress. I did pin a sleeve last night and it seems like it's still going to be snug but not as bad as a sausage casing, so 1/4" seam allowances will be in order. But I did pin haphazardly at 5/8" so there should be some leeway. I won't really be able to tell for sure until the back bodice is attached since it's such a weird piece.

I've had two requests for info on the clear elastic hanging off the one bodice piece I worked on last night. I'll put together a post/tute on that soon, but it won't be this weekend and I'll have to convince Alex to be the photographer since I can't spare a hand when sewing on clear elastic. 

In the meantime, gotta love me a Zappos fix. I ordered these * well after* I got home from work last night and they were here today. How DO they do that? Now the hard part will be deciding which pair (or two) to keep since they all fit. I think I'm starting to amass shoes like fabric. Of which, a box of *that* arrived today too. ;-)

10 comments:

  1. I hope it's good, even without Heidi and Tim.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK -- I vote for the suede (?) ones in the middle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pair on the top. They look sexy and dangerous, so if they fit and look good, you can't send them back! Plus the color will go with just about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the pair on the top. They look sexy and dangerous, so if they fit and look good, you can't send them back! Plus the color will go with just about anything.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please do the tute. I have never been able to sew that elastic on to anything very successfully. btw loved all the shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, keep the pointy brown ones on the bottom. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sad the lonely pair of shoes being sent back will feel, unloved and unwanted...just keep all three if they fit...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep 'em all! You keep fabric and patterns, why not shoes? [evil grin]

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you, Debbie, for all the infos about the elastic. A tut would be the top, of course, but please, take your time.
    Those 3 pairs of shoes are beautiful and if you have place in your home, well......
    Ciao, Marina

    ReplyDelete
  10. Better than sausage casing?? Too funny. I agree... how DOES Zappo's do that? My vote is the pair on the bottom. The color is a unique goldy-brown, and yet they are neutral enough to work with many outfits. Nice texture, too. Isn't it fun to see how the designers from previous PR seasons have grown and changed, or, in some cases, not grown so much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.