1. This stuff is great. If you color your hair, buy it.
2. See. While my undyed hair is/used to be pretty much this red color and my roots are not glaring, I do have grays and they show up in the growth, especially at temples/forehead. Ug. All gone for another month. At $1.99 per box on sale, I bought 3 the other day.
It was beauty day today. I got my nails done this morning and gave myself a semi-pedicure (trim, repolish).
3. These are snakeskin with a faint leopard print, black shiny heels, and big gold buckles. Sitting down pics because I can keep the camera steadier this way, not because I'm lazy. ;-)
4. Mustard with a croc texture, 1/2" platforms, pointy toes.
5. Brown, with a bigger croc texture, 3/4" platforms. Awesome, no? Actually, they are all awesome. How will I ever decide? But another good thing about Zappos is that I have 365 days to decide, as long as they stay unworn, so I will see where my sewing (and buying) leads me before I make a final decision.
6. These are the shoes I last bought but didn't get a good pic of. Brown "penny loafer" pumps. Saucy secretary vibe, right?
7. Burda knit wrap/tie top from a few years ago. Remember how popular it was? I had outgrown it for a few years but I pulled it out this morning. It's now loose in the hips so it has a peplum thing going on. I kinda like that.
8. The dirty secret? I have to pin the underlayer to my bra so it stays up.
9. Both bodice pieces complete and attached to the back, sleeves sewn. STUPIDEST bodice design ever, and really up there for poor drafting (those sleeves). There is absolutely no reason for dolman in the front and set-in in the back. It's the mullet of sleeve design, and it's a total royal pain in the ASS to sew.
10. If I make this again, I would just cut off that horrible sleeve and morph a good sleeve and armhole onto the pattern. It would be very easy to do (see the pic), and I'm still considering it for this version. It will mean ripping out those painful sleeves and sideseams which is fiddly in a poly knit. I'm going to go try on the sleeves one more time and then decide one way or the other. I really like the rest of the design of the dress so I don't want to give up completely. But the mullet sleeves? Reeee-dic!
11. Part of the fabric delivery from Friday. The plaid is a rayon knit which will become a Magic Pencil skirt. The knit solid will be a top to match. It will be very cute, and NOT brown. ;-)
12. I took 43 pics just to get these 11.Crazy.