Thursday, January 26, 2012

Ready for Launch


The launch went well today and the day was relatively low-key, but tomorrow will be the test since the new website wasn't switched over until late this afternoon and even then was running v-e-r-y s-l-o-w due to DNS replicating. Don't you love it when I talk all geekie? ;-)

In my department, we all decided we'd wear the new brand colors (blue, red, green, yellow) to "celebrate" and this was my outfit. Our new look also incorporates lots of patterns (repetitive, not sewing!), so I did doubly well with my skirt as part of my look.

This will be the last time wearing this skirt until I take it in because it's now about 2" too big around the waist. I should've tried it on last week, but truthfully I probably still wouldn't have done anything about it due to lack of time/energy in the evenings, although I actually left the office on time tonight, for the first time in about two weeks. Yay! The twinset is also on the big side, especially in the shoulders, but it will just be removed from the wardrobe once I can't stand it anymore. The skirt should be easy to take in since I did make it with taking-in in mind. Famous last words, and I won't count on that until it's actually done. For now, it's being added to the ironing board pile, and the next time I make this skirt pattern, I'm definitely adding a kick pleat in the back because it really needs one.

Now I'm going to go catch up on some reading while waiting for Project Runway to come on.

13 comments:

  1. I love lime and black. Erm...I'd love to see the site, but you might not want to share that, which is perfectly OK.

    You really are the incredible shrinking woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice outfit, you look great ! Good luck in making this job a permanent one. You truly deserve it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Project runway is on again?

    Still keeping my fingers crossed for you at work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie - Congrats on the recognition at work! I hope that you secure permanent employment soon! And I totally understand making a whole bunch of skirts that work for you and are comfortable to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 inches too big - don't you just love it though??? Means you are still shrinking away to your goal....

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have said it before, but I will say it again. Every time you post a picture of yourself you look smaller than the last one. Skirt two inches too big, don`t you love it?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great looking outfit, Debbie and very flattering colors on your. Hope your launch goes well and everything settles down for you soon. Congrats on seeing signs of getting a new job once things settle. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow,I used to check this blog all the time until about 6 months ago when I just had no time for fun stuff. Hope you are well. Can I just say you look fantastic? I guess you're not the only one that needs to catch up on reading...if only I could remember where I left off! Donna

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look great, lovely outfit. good luck with the alterations! Keep going as younare and you can do one v big alteration and add a kick pleat.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The whole outfit looks great! Still crossing my fingers for your job security (just like everyone else).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really a suit with beautiful colors and elegant, I'm crossing my fingers for the sake of your job.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoy the geeky talk--I like getting glimpses into people's "real" lives. Great outfit--love that yellow twin set.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.