This will either be a half-muslin or a whole dress. I decided to use "good" fabric and not do a true crappy-fabric muslin because those sleeves need a reliable test. I'll sew the upper sections and evaluate. If it fits, I'll continue. If not, I may decide to salvage the skirt and leftover fabric for a top. So far the lengths and boob coverage look OK on Zillie.
It's funny how sometimes you don't really *see* the fabric until it's stretched out on the cutting table. I thought this was a giraffe-ish print and instead I see it's actual a floral that reads giraffe. Personally, I wouldn't want brown flowers in real life but in this print, they're OK.
So far tonight, I've cut out and marked the pieces, attached clear elastic to the neckline pieces, and sewn the waist pleats on one side of the bodice. And that's where I'm calling it quits for the evening as it's getting to be bedtime and I need my beauty sleep. Although now that I'm thinking about it, I'm going to go pin that sleeve and try it on before I hit the sack so I don't lay awake wondering.
This weekend is going to be crazy busy with sewing cammie purses and doing more video training in preparation for a job interview. I figure the best way to up the odds that I get the job I'm working at is to interview for and be offered another one. Or who knows — maybe I'll like that one better. ;-)