Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Birthday Suit

No, not that one!

Yesterday was my birthday. Those numbers just never get smaller, do they? Ugh.

It was a relatively boring day (OK by me!) but the evening made up for it. Here's my outfit for the night —the new Favorite Things Cute Skirt with my Burda WOF 07/06 #109 blouse (remember that one?). A perfect match! There's something to be said for constantly buying and sewing in the same color families. And, yes, white shoes before Memorial Day in Florida is a law. ;-)




The "men" took me to dinner at The Cheesecake Factory where we started with a sampler appetizer for four which included Avocado Eggrolls, Spinach and Cheese Dip, Pot Stickers, Summer Rolls, Quesadillas, Corn Cakes, Buffalo Blasts and Calamari. We should've stopped at that because there was more than enough to call it dinner. But no! DH had a chicken pasta entreƩ, DS#1 had Grande Burrito, DS#2 a honkin' big bacon cheeseburger/fries, and I ordered fish tacos (of which I ate half of one and brought home the others). Were we done? Nope! Dessert. One Chocolate Tower Truffle Cake, one Lemoncello Cream Torte, and four forks. Again, enough for 10 people. Other numbers not getting smaller yesterday? My waistline!

After dinner, we drove over to Channelside to hit the movie theater. We love this theater because it's new and modern, and never crowded. Downtown Tampa has too few residential dwellings to keep the theater busy. More and more buildings are going up so it's only a matter of time. But until the real estate market picks back up and those condos are sold, we'll keep this theater our little secret. ;-) It's only takes about 20 minutes longer to get to than the local 24-plex, and well worth the drive. Did I mention it has free valet parking?

So, what did we see? Premonition, starring Sandra Bullock. Yawn. Save your money. Lame, lame, lame — especially the ending (which I won't spoil). The boys kept reminding me that 300 was playing right down the hall but I'm not sure I want to see that one either so we stayed planted. Still, it was nice to be out with my family even if we were just making fun of the movie toward the end.

Once home, I opened my presents. No big surprises there since I'm required to supply a list. LOL! Some kitchen gadgety things I've wanted, a CD, and a HUGE chocolate chip cookie that DS#2 picked because he's the one who really wants to eat it.

By the way, after we got out of the car and had started walking toward the restaurant, DH asks, "Is your slip showing or something?" Typical. ;-) (But I wouldn't trade him for anything.)

17 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! Sounds like a wonderful evening with your menfolk.

    Cheesecake Factory? OMG, I'd kill for a piece of fancy cheesecake right now. I'm just glad the nearest one to me is St. Louis or I'd be there all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you had a happy birthday, Debbie! Love your outfit.

    Mermie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Debbie, Your outfit looks wonderful. Great color and style. Kudos to the men in your house.
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!! MY BIRTHDAY IS FRIDAY AND NO THE NUMBERS DON'T GET SMALLER. PLEASE DISREGARD THE SHOUTING....MY KEYBOARD SEEMS TO BE STUCK IN CAPITAL MODE : (

    LOVE THE OUTFIT, BTW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! Dh and I saw 300 -- I'd recommend it. Hot ripped guys in basically what amounts to leather speedos? What's not love? Gerard Butler? Total eye candy. :)

    numbers, feh!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had a very happy birthday. You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I knew there was something we shared in common, you are an ARIAN! Mine is next Monday and I am off to London to visit the Royal Albert Museum...and to hit some fabric stores.

    A very happy belated to you and your outfit looked wonderful. That skirt is a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Happy Happy Birthday! you look fabulous in your new outfit! I'm reading about your Cheesecake Factory experience as I just returned from Maggianos! stuffed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday! Wow, yesterday was my birthday too - I'm in the Chicago area and we had record setting high temperatures, so I got the best weather ever for a present. I've read your blog for a while now, and I'm always impressed with how quickly you complete projects. Thanks for sharing about sewing and about your family! - Robin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy happy (belated) birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy belated birthday. The more I see your skirt, the more I like it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Little late to the party - Happy Birthday. Sounds like you had the perfect day. Your outfit looks great and my husband wouldn't even know what a slip was! So be happy yours is paying a little bit of attention :) g

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy belated birthday. Your birthday outfit is sooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday! I'm glad to hear you had such a good one - and you looked wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy B-day Debbie! I'm a fish taco gal, too -- I've been known to make the 1.5 hour (one-way) drive to the nearest Cheesecake Factory to get my fish taco fix.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.