Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Another One for the TNT Column

OK, one more edit if you can stand it. I just threw on the brown skirt earlier for the pic below because I thought it would look better than my floral PJ pants. When I really got dressed for the day, I decided to pair the new tee with these khaki capris. DH was still home when I came downstairs and commented that he liked the new tee and the way the tee and the capris "matched." He then asked if I made the pants.??? Men! Yes, it's nice he does notice. But nearly 6 months later?? ROFL! It's not like I haven't been wearing these capris at least once every 10 days or so. This just cracked me up.

Edited to add a photo of me wearing the now hemmed top, and a link to the review, here.



* * * * *



A huge shout-out to Angie for trying this pattern w/o alterations and then modeling it for her review. It's definitely a winner and likely would've languished in the pattern stash indefinitely without Angie trying it first.

This is the Puffy Sleeve Tee (pattern #4 in the 02/07 issue of Ottobre Woman). Obviously, I have a thing right now for gathered sleeves. I stuffed them for this photo but the elastic needs a trip through the washer/dryer to spring back into shape after being stretched out by the serger.

I made this with no FBA and it fits great. Once I get a pic of me in the top, you'll see. I traced a straight 48 through the upper body, tapering to the 52 at the hips. The only fit alteration I made was my usual for square shoulders. I did not need to narrow the shoulders or raise the armholes, which are alterations I almost always need to do. Before cutting the fabric, I laid my TNT tee over the Ottobre pattern tracing and they were close so I decided to try it without alterations like Angie did. Success!

I used my coverstitcher binder for the neckline binding and applied the sleeve hem elastic like you'd do for an attached elastic turn-down waist, then coverstitched from the right side instead of following the pattern instructions for those elements. The tee length is about 1-2 inches too long and still needs to be hemmed. I'll do that tomorrow.

The fabric is another rayon/Lycra knit that's been in the stash a couple of years. As you can see, I'm still on the brown theme. It will go great with my latest brown Jalie skirt.

10 comments:

  1. It turned out simple after all! Nice pattern and pretty fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  2. See it was a TNT after all. You just didn't know it at the time. LOL! Nice top and I like the fabric. You are on a roll it seems, which is well deserved after all the renovations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie,
    Another beautiful top! Always enjoy your blog and pics. Haven't seen the pups for a few days....those dogs are so cute.
    Donna W
    Edmonton, Alberta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Debbie - that top is great! Where and how do you get Octobre Woman? Do you also sew from World of Fashion? I see so many fashionable items coming out of your machine - I want some of the same patterns! g

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice! I love that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I often say I could dye my hair black (I have very blonde hair) and he wouldn't notice until three weeks later...
    Love the outfit, love the things you're making in fact! Just wish I had the time again.... :-(

    ReplyDelete
  8. The top really suits you, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I want to make this one now. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can I have your wardrobe please? :) Debbie, you have such great taste in wearable, pretty, casual clothes. I love everything you make!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.