Thursday, June 7, 2007

Beach Day Revisited

It was another fun afternoon at the doggie beach. We even saw some "old" friends that were there on Monday. I wish it was just a little bit closer (drivetime-wise) so we could go there more often. It's fun right now, but the drive will get old soon enough.

We saw more "beachy" sights today, including 3 dolphins jumping in and out of the water as dolphins do. I was very surprised to see them in this little inlet and I couldn't get my camera out fast enough for photos. We also saw other fish jumping and pelicans swooping down to scoop them up for lunch.









On the way out, I stopped the car and snapped a photo of the marina side of things. All those boats and no one using them. I couldn't help thinking something was wrong with that equation.



This was Chili 5 minutes after we were settled back home.



Now for some dinner and to finish up that skirt.

4 comments:

  1. {giggle} I'm single and live alone without pets. I really enjoy seeing the pictures of your family (human and canine), as well as your sewing projects. Thank you, Cheers, Masouma Rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. "What a strange bird is the pelican,
    It's beak can hold more than its belly can."

    Wish I were there!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your last pic of Chili made me laugh. My kids always crashed after a good day swimming, too.

    Glad you are enjoying the beach. I envy you since it was 92 here today WITH NO WATER NEARBY. Aargh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love looking at your photos of the dog park events--fun with family and dogs! We have two dachshunds, but no dog park here. I have been to one though one time, and it was so much fun.

    On another note, I was looking at that New Look pattern you were considering that had the tops with the Duroesque shape. Is it true that there aren't ties in the back on those tops? It didn't look like it from the pattern photo. I haven't seen one like that before. I wonder if it would pull a little bit in the back where the midriff band in the front crossed the seam there. If not, that would be a great alternative, and perhaps make the top not quite so trendy or completely youthful looking.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.