Monday, June 4, 2007

Fast Skirt

Jalie 2681

I traced, cut, and sewed this skirt in about an hour earlier this evening. Isn't this the prettiest fabric? I have enough left for a top of some sort and probably a pair or two of undies from the leftovers.

The skirt is Jalie 2681. It has a total of 2 pieces. One is for the gores, which gets cut 8 times and the other is the flounce, which is cut twice. Fabric requirements are less than 2 yds., even for the largest size. I made View D, because I love flounces and also because I think I look better in skirts that are more fitted through the hips since I certainly don't need to add any additional visual width.

I just finished a review on PR. I couldn't believe mine was only the second write-up for this cute and FAST skirt. I'll definitely be making more of these since I love skirts for summer and I love easy patterns even more.

Now I'm off to bed. Yes, Peg, I do sleep — about 5 hours per night.

14 comments:

  1. What a great outfit, Debbie!! I love everything about it; the top is fabulous, the matching skirt has lovely and flattering stylelines and the print is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the outfit. I must get this skirt pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great skirt. That fabric is really cool, what kind is it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful skirt! I love the fabric to - I bought some of it recently and can't wait to use it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute Debbie! The skirt says "summer" to me, and the top is great looking too. I love the v-neck and stenciling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a delightful outfit. Like Linda t , I think I must get this pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, that is gorgeous! I love it!! It looks so flattering and that fabric is to die for :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! IS THAT SKIRT CUTE! LOVE THE FABRIC: ZILLIE LOOKS PLEASED!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great skirt, very pretty outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the skirt! Glad to know you do occasionally sleep! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that skirt! Seems like it would have some twirl to it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Where'd you get the skirt fabric? Love it! The top turned out great. Good job, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very cute. How did you do the tilted waist alteration, since this has an elastic waist, may I ask?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely skirt and top! I love seeing your wonderful creations.

    Could you make this pattern into a full length skirt? If you think it would work I would HAVE to go buy me a pattern!!
    Shorty

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.