Friday, June 1, 2007

Plan B

Living here in Florida, I never check the weather. It rarely changes. But today, it's gray and the forecast is for actual rain. A good thing environmentally since we're in a severe drought but a bad thing for a beach dog park afternoon. So we're putting that outing off for a day or two and I spent the morning fiddling with my TNT tee pattern to come up with a vee-neck version of the Diana Mode top.

First, I offset a neckband from the front pattern neckline (1) and then cut it away from the pattern (2). Next, I slashed/spread at the neckband seam to create extra fabric for gathers. The pivot point is at the small pink circle in (3). I trued the seamlines (4) and added seam allowances (5).



The sleeve was next. I created the bottom band shape (6) and cut it away from the main sleeve shape (7). I then slashed/spread along 3 pivot points. The shape of my final main sleeve piece is different from the original pattern, but I'm pretty sure it will work out exactly the same.



I added seam allowances to the remaining pieces and printed out my pattern.



I'm heading up to the sewing room to tape the printout together and decide on a fabric to use. After that, we'll head to the local dog park because "the kids" really need to run off some energy.

3 comments:

  1. Thank goodness Dani is going to be alright, it's not Parvo.
    PMB... can add s/a's... OUCH! (computer shock from keyboard being drooled on) You'll definitely make a better top than Diana drafted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so tempting to 'invest' in this case...time, in a patternmaking programme but I do so love to draft with my hands, sheer pleasure.
    Debbie, I am wondering if that neckline curve should be concave instead of convex, just a bit, following the natural line of the body.
    Hope you had a nice walkie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are my hero! You make patterns work for you and enjoy the process. Your ideas, inspirations, & skill are awesome. And, your love for the dogs and your ds' (sometimes in that order, but not always!) bring a smile to my face. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.