Sunday, June 10, 2007

Ready To Sew


It seems like I'm having another lazy Sunday. I have all these plans for projects I want to do and then I just can't get my butt into the sewing room. Some initial analysis paralysis set in after taping the pattern together, but I did finally manage to make some decisions on the top and it's cut out and ready to sew. I'm going to work on it for the next few hours.

I decided to forego the muslin stage and the good fabric is cut. It's not like I don't have a plethora (I love that word) of replacements waiting in the stash closet if this one doesn't turn out as I'm imagining. I'll be disappointed, but I'll get over it. I also stole a sleeve from Simplicity 3837 (View B, puffy sleeve).

While I'm sewing, DH will be doing some dog training. Dani really needs to have "Come" more firmly embedded into her cute puppy head. She likes to wander and is easily distracted by squirrels (and Chili). A fenced-in area is looming in our future.

Now, off to the sewing room before I get distracted!

2 comments:

  1. Our daughter discovered "plethora" when she was in high school and she still uses it all the time. Cool word! And when she says it, you know she's said it because of the way she dinstinctly.pronounces.it!

    Hope you are making progress. I haven't been in the sewing room for months and I'm living vicariously through you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie,
    I have an alteration question. It appears that we both have the same body shape and need to adjust patterns. I get BWF and like some of the patters but they are too small, Do you ever grade these patterns up (or maybe you don't need to do this)? Do you use your software for this or do you do slide and pivot--or just what?
    Any thought would be appreciated. I love the pics of your dogs. We are not going to get a dog as it will tie us down now that the kids are gone. But, Looking at your pups makes me miss it. So, keep the pics coming and the stories about their antics. Anne
    anneszabo@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for each and every comment. I appreciate them all, but I have to be honest and let you know that I'm usually bad about answering questions. I hope you understand that there just isn't enough time in the day to do everything I want to do.

To help keep spam comments under control, any comments to blog posts that are more than 30 days old are moderated and will not show up immediately.